The real Bigma - or How High The Moon?

Old December 1st 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

Default The real Bigma - or How High The Moon?

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 04:45:10 -0600, Neil Ellwood wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:19:13 -0500, M-M wrote:

In article . com,
"Me" wrote:

Talking about hype:
"...this is the only lens in the world capable of thaking photographs
of objects 18 to 32 miles away..."
What is that supposed to mean ?

I take pictures of the moon with my spotting scope and that is 250
million miles away. Not only that but the scope is 1500-4000 mm equiv
(ok, so 4000 mm is f64 but the moon is bright enough) and add on the 4x
optical zoom from my Nikon and for $200 I have a pretty special lens.

And I can carry it all on a hike.

http://www.mhmyers.com/moon.tn.html

Which moon is that? the sun is only 93 million miles away.

OTOH, I've shot the night sky with my FZ7 and gotten a number of star
trails. Those are several light years away, which is a lot farther than
32 miles (or even 320 million).

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

FS: Real Bicycle Seats for Real People! [email protected] 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 February 22nd 06 10:59 PM
MOON WIDE WEB - the new moon landing hoax website Tesco News Digital Photography 0 January 11th 06 01:30 AM
Old Canon D30 and Sigma "Bigma" 50-500 cmp Digital Photography 17 April 18th 05 12:11 AM
Old Canon D30 and Sigma "Bigma" 50-500 cmp Digital Photography 0 March 31st 05 07:14 AM
Real flowers should have real insects... :-) Caught on action! [email protected] Digital Photography 0 March 22nd 05 07:13 AM