Rockwell wants your Money!!!

Old December 1st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default Rockwell wants your Money!!!

http://www.kenrockwell.com/donate.htm

First he says:
"Helping you and your long term best interests are my first priority. I
provide it all free for the reading. No manufacturers pay me anything
for anything. "

Then he says:
"If you're getting any photo gear, books or anything, simply clicking
these particular links to get to Ritz, Adorama, Amazon or B&H when you
order supports my efforts. If you use those links I get credit
regardless of what you get, and you pay not a penny more."

Sounds like a contradiction there, doesn't it?

Then, Ken gives us a little too much information:
" I dream about what I'm going to write all night, then get up at 6AM
and hit the keyboard at 6:30AM and don't stop till my wife pulls me
off."

Ken must go through a lot of keyboards. Yuck!

Old December 1st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Annika1980 wrote:
Then, Ken gives us a little too much information:
" I dream about what I'm going to write all night, then get up at 6AM
and hit the keyboard at 6:30AM and don't stop till my wife pulls me
off."

Ken must go through a lot of keyboards. Yuck!

He leaves his lens cap on. IYKWIM.
Old December 1st 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
C Wright

On 11/30/06 9:00 PM, in article
, "Annika1980"
wrote:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/donate.htm

First he says:
"Helping you and your long term best interests are my first priority. I
provide it all free for the reading. No manufacturers pay me anything
for anything. "

Then he says:
"If you're getting any photo gear, books or anything, simply clicking
these particular links to get to Ritz, Adorama, Amazon or B&H when you
order supports my efforts. If you use those links I get credit
regardless of what you get, and you pay not a penny more."

Sounds like a contradiction there, doesn't it?

Technically not - if you are a lawyer who likes to parse words.
Adorama, Amazon, etc. are all retailers, not manufacturers.

Old December 1st 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On 30 Nov 2006 19:00:13 -0800, Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/donate.htm

First he says:
"Helping you and your long term best interests are my first priority. I
provide it all free for the reading. No manufacturers pay me anything
for anything. "

Then he says:
"If you're getting any photo gear, books or anything, simply clicking
these particular links to get to Ritz, Adorama, Amazon or B&H when you
order supports my efforts. If you use those links I get credit
regardless of what you get, and you pay not a penny more."

Sounds like a contradiction there, doesn't it?

Sounds like? Yep, it would, to the simplistic set. If you
duplicated ads such as Rockwell's on your own website, and some
vagrant stopped in for a minute to check you out, then clicked on a
Ritz link and ended up buying a 5D. Would that have triggered a
payment (or a change in payment amount) to you from Canon? It's
more likely that any coins that that link sent your way would have
been traced to Ritz, not Canon. And Ritz is not a manufacturer in
the sense that Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Fuji and Olympus are.
If you see any other potential contradictions, please explain.

Then, Ken gives us a little too much information:
" I dream about what I'm going to write all night, then get up at 6AM
and hit the keyboard at 6:30AM and don't stop till my wife pulls me
off."

Ken must go through a lot of keyboards. Yuck!

But that's no problem, as he uses cheap keyboards that get the job
done and he can replace them as soon as they're shot. (Yeoww! Hand
me another Kleenex, Martha.) Whaddya think, he uses the kind of
expensive, luxury keyboards that only Leica or Caddy dilettantes
would deign to use, and that wouldn't produce words any sweeter,
limpid or turgid?

Old December 1st 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.kenrockwell.com/donate.htm

First he says:
"Helping you and your long term best interests are my first priority. I
provide it all free for the reading. No manufacturers pay me anything
for anything. "

Then he says:
"If you're getting any photo gear, books or anything, simply clicking
these particular links to get to Ritz, Adorama, Amazon or B&H when you
order supports my efforts. If you use those links I get credit
regardless of what you get, and you pay not a penny more."

Sounds like a contradiction there, doesn't it?

Then, Ken gives us a little too much information:
" I dream about what I'm going to write all night, then get up at 6AM
and hit the keyboard at 6:30AM and don't stop till my wife pulls me
off."

Ken must go through a lot of keyboards. Yuck!

They sell plastic covers for keyboards...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 1st 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"C Wright" wrote in message
. ..
On 11/30/06 9:00 PM, in article

First he says:
"Helping you and your long term best interests are my first
priority. I
provide it all free for the reading. No manufacturers pay me
anything
for anything. "

Then he says:
"If you're getting any photo gear, books or anything, simply
clicking
these particular links to get to Ritz, Adorama, Amazon or B&H when
you
order supports my efforts. If you use those links I get credit
regardless of what you get, and you pay not a penny more."

Sounds like a contradiction there, doesn't it?

Technically not - if you are a lawyer who likes to parse words.
Adorama, Amazon, etc. are all retailers, not manufacturers.

Technically the ISS or Space Shuttle do not defy gravity when in Low
Earth Orbit. They are in a state of freefall around the planet,
constantly pulled down toward the center of the planet by gravity, yet
moving fast enough to fall ahead of the center of gravity.

But the effect felt by occupants is essentially the same -
weightlessness.

In Rockwells case, he claims he makes no money and does it all for
free, which is clearly a lie. He also claims the website is for our
best interests, yet he has money-making links for his interests, which
is another lie.

That would make him a "liar-liar".

:-)

Old December 1st 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

[...]

Now that is one dedicated wife.

Old December 1st 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Pete D wrote:
[...]

Perhaps she just wanted her turn on the keyboard?

www.pbase.com/markuson

more money David Digital Photography 1 December 8th 05 12:24 AM
'Test review of D200' by Ken Rockwell Duncan J Murray 35mm Photo Equipment 53 November 16th 05 11:15 PM
Want Money? Try This gh Digital Photography 0 March 24th 05 05:08 AM
money!!! [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 January 3rd 05 09:51 PM
money!!! [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 January 2nd 05 06:02 PM