Raw converter for Nokon D200

Old November 30th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George K

Default Raw converter for Nokon D200

The programers Nikon uses need only optimize their code for the Nikon
products and have access to the Nikon enginers while the programers for
the 3rd party products have to code for many more cameras and only have
access to the System Development Disk, SDK, routines and documentation.
Which means the Nikon programers can produce a better product.

LuvLatins wrote:
Great link, before I read all these. Why does the Nikon capture look
so much better than Bibble ? what a difference.

On 30 Nov 2006 12:06:04 -0800, "George K" wrote:

Here is a link to a comparison of various programs that can process
Nikon RAW files.

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID36/16777.html

It shows why one would use more than one image processor.

LuvLatins wrote:
Thanks George. I purchased NX today, and already own Capture 4.4
thanks for the update. Would seem that most then would prefer to use
NX to work on the file and only use Photoshop when they are happy and
ready to perhaps move the photo to lets say JPG. Thanks for your
explanation.

On 29 Nov 2006 20:37:42 -0800, "George K" wrote:

Nikon Capture NX can save an edited file as a NEF file. PhotoShop and
any other photo editor can not save as NEF. Also Capture NX will handle
NEF files better than other programs.

LuvLatins wrote:
Please forgive this dumb question but if you open it in Photoshop or
Capture or NX cant you then save it in what ever format you want, why
buy software that converts ? Or did I misunderstand and software like
bible are a cheaper solution than photoshop ???

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:47:02 +0100, Peter Rongsted
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:14:13 -0000, "Graham Archer"
wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone please give me some recommendations for RAW conversion
software
for the Nikon D200.

I like Bibble from http://bibblelabs.com/

I don't have a D200 yet, but it does work great with my D2x. Bibble
was one of the first to support the D200.

Peter