Got my D200 today

Old November 30th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LuvLatins

Default Got my D200 today

Congratulations enjoy your new puchase and hope you enjoy it for many
years LOVING MINE !

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:28:03 -0500, "Tony Verhulst"

I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

Old November 30th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LuvLatins

NO but this one looks REALLY REALLY nice and waint until he starts
using it tooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:57:19 -0800, "Skip M"
wrote:

"Pod" wrote in message
.com...

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Tony Verhulst" wrote in message
I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

They all do, right out of the box.

You're a Canon asshole, right?

You ever seen a camera that didn't look good, right out of the box? ;-)

Old November 30th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
LuvLatins

No just a bunch of Nikon fans tired of the crap posted on here about
how the NIKON bands, is too expensive, is a beta camera etc. I bet
its outselling canon at least 4 to 1

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:11:28 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

"Pod" wrote in message
.com...

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Tony Verhulst" wrote in message
I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

They all do, right out of the box.

You're a Canon asshole, right?

Gee, but you are touchy ... can't find your pacifier again?

Old November 30th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LuvLatins

Lets see ........

would you rather deal with a company that has lots of different
interests and core competencies or ...........

Deal with ONE that does ONE thing GREAT !

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:47:57 -0800, SMS
wrote:

You've stated the problem for Nikon in a nutshell. Nikon's core
competency is optics, period. Canon has core competencies of optics,
micro-electronics, miniaturization, micro-lithography, and imaging.

Old November 30th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LuvLatins

Well said, the cost of fabrication for Intel computer chips and High
end optics costs BILLIONS to develop and put on the market, few can
afford to just fire up a manufacturing facility to build it tomorrow.
LOL

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:40:38 -0000, Jeremy Nixon
wrote:

SMS wrote:

Except that Nikon has no high-end products that compete against the
Canon high end products (1DsMarkII)

Of course they do. Don't be silly.

Canon has core competencies of optics, micro-electronics, miniaturization,
micro-lithography, and imaging.

Some might question the "optics" part.

Nikon has to go outside for digital camera sensors,

So does almost everyone else. Chip fabrication isn't something that you
just go and do yourself because you decided it was a good idea.

Old November 30th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave Cohen

wrote:

I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

Rather than post little snips of wisdom whose accuracy is questionable,
perhaps you could explain to this naive reader why you or anyone else
would get bent out of shape regarding which brand of anything is better
or worse than any other (as opposed to a more objective post itemizing
the pro's and con's of same). One of the advantages of a free market
system is to permit the consumer to choose based on price, performance
and user preference.
Dave Cohen
Old November 30th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LuvLatins

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:37:17 GMT, Dave Cohen wrote:

Rather than post little snips of wisdom whose accuracy is questionable,
perhaps you could explain to this naive reader why you or anyone else
would get bent out of shape regarding which brand of anything is better
or worse than any other (as opposed to a more objective post itemizing
the pro's and con's of same). One of the advantages of a free market
system is to permit the consumer to choose based on price, performance
and user preference.
Dave Cohen

Fist let me say I am not "bent out of shape" just annoyed sometimes
by ignorance.

Sure I would be happy to explain my little snip of wisdom in greater
detail and am glad you asked. I am disappointed when people, and
naive reads like yourself put down this camera. Most, like yourself I
am sure, don't even own one. Yet many on here say things about it
like:

(a) The camera is defective and bands and the company has finally
admitted this fact.

(b) The Camera is really just a big "Beta Test" and new adopters of
this beta camera should be cautious

(c) I am waiting and not buying mine until the next release

And a litany of other stupid nonsense.

Now the consumer choice you mentioned and the advantages of a free
market.

First and foremost, it is the most camera you will get to date for
your money. It was a long time in coming but well worth the wait and
fills a HUGE market need for those that wanted more than a D100 but
didnt want or need all the features of a D2X or 5D. The D100 while a
great camera was aging and a more feature rich camera was needed.

The D200s 10.2 megapixel resolution rugged moisture and dust sealed
magnesium-alloy body, large viewfinder, and 5fps motor all for less
than $2000 make it a winner. Now you mentioned the cons, THERE ARE
NONE. I am not alone in this feeling google the reviews and you will
learn there are a litany of others that say there are no cons to
note.

My accuracy on these points is not questionable it is supported by
countless others that have rigorously tested this camera and drawn
the same conclusions. I think the sales of the camera also speak for
themselves and as they say in Latin. "Res Ipsa Loquitur"

I hope my response was helpful for the naive reader and he is now a
bit less naive.