driver issue

Old May 9th 17, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default driver issue

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

--
PeterN
Old May 9th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

memory cards don't need drivers to be installed or updated.
Old May 9th 17, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/9/2017 4:37 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

memory cards don't need drivers to be installed or updated.

Never said they did. I realize your urge to start a controversy over
what i intended to be a helpful post.

--
PeterN
Old May 9th 17, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

memory cards don't need drivers to be installed or updated.

Never said they did.

then what does this mean:
It was solved when I updated all
my drivers.

I realize your urge to start a controversy over
what i intended to be a helpful post.

nope. just pointing out that what you did makes no difference. it was
purely coincidence.
Old May 9th 17, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 9 May 2017 16:34:13 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

I have used the full Driver Detective
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/download/...ve-101234-731/
or http://tinyurl.com/kab4myr for several years with entirely
satisfactory results.

But then see
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-68b599b31bf5
or http://tinyurl.com/lufhqms and
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...ective-298984/
or http://tinyurl.com/maoe9sk

Eric Stevens
Old May 10th 17, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

I have used the full Driver Detective
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/download/...ve-101234-731/
or http://tinyurl.com/kab4myr for several years with entirely
satisfactory results.

But then see
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-68b599b31bf5
or http://tinyurl.com/lufhqms and
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...ective-298984/
or http://tinyurl.com/maoe9sk

I updated the drivers through the HP web site.

--
PeterN
Old May 10th 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/9/2017 6:09 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

memory cards don't need drivers to be installed or updated.

Never said they did.

then what does this mean:
It was solved when I updated all
my drivers.

I realize your urge to start a controversy over
what i intended to be a helpful post.

nope. just pointing out that what you did makes no difference. it was
purely coincidence.

Nope. I guess the message "installing USB driver" that I get when
plugging in a different device, is meaningles.

EOD

--
PeterN
Old May 10th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly I was unable to download photos from my cards to Bridge. I
tried the alternate technique of using the get file from camera in
Bridge. The link did not work at all. It was solved when I updated all
my drivers. Just posting this hoping it will help someone who may have a
similar issue.

memory cards don't need drivers to be installed or updated.

Never said they did.

then what does this mean:
It was solved when I updated all
my drivers.

I realize your urge to start a controversy over
what i intended to be a helpful post.

nope. just pointing out that what you did makes no difference. it was
purely coincidence.

Nope. I guess the message "installing USB driver" that I get when
plugging in a different device, is meaningles.

it has nothing to do with reading a memory card, which shows up as a
usb mass storage device, whose drivers are part of windows (or mac os).
in some cases, an internal card reader might be connected via the pci
bus, which means no usb at all.

so yes, meaningless.
Old May 10th 17, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/9/2017 9:05 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Gee, so that's why the card reader worked when I updated my drivers.
Thanks for the info. guess it wasn't coincidence after all.

--
PeterN