Firefox becoming increasingly unstable?

Old March 25th 17, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default Firefox becoming increasingly unstable?

On 19/03/2017 23:07, David B. wrote:
On 16/03/2017 12:26, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 10:22:48 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 16/03/2017 10:14, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 20:01:26 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 15/03/2017 14:47, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 12:06:01 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 15/03/2017 11:31, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 21:45:22 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:45:42 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I stand corrected. I'd always thought Mac was
first with color.

they were first to do it properly.

Where do you think CGA came from?

Why does that matter.
My BBC had 16 colours in 1982 . (well 8 plus 8 flashing)
And unlike the Apples or PCs I could afford to buy it.

Color Graphics Adaptor - introduced in 1981 by IBM. 640 x 200
resolution, 4 bit colors.

1981 BBC 640×256, 8 colours

Hello 'Whisky-dave'

It's good to meet a fellow Brit! :-)

Yep and one called dave how unusual we should get a TV channel
named after us ;-)

Right! :-)

I, too, bought a BBC B computer - in 1983.

I brought mine as an A and got it upgraded.

Fairy snuff! ;-)

A great start in computing
for my two boys. The younger one went on the gain a good degree in
Physics from Manchester University (the REAL one!) and then went
straight on to employment with ICL (now Fujitsu) as a computer guru!

Can you answer the question I asked in the comments section of this
YouTube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnaxD2HSdc

I could only see 4 comments none posed a Q.

Whether I;m logged on or not on 3 different browsers, but what I
noticed is that there seems to be more than one that starts off
similar.

I don't understand this. :-(
Well the other was eben again sitting in the same place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCt6d0SCxO4&t=728s

THAT is the WRONG video!

I know, I only checked it to make sure there wasn't a limit of 4 on
the number of comments I could see, and that video shows more than 4.

Phew! I thought you might have 'lost it' for a moment! ;-)

THIS is where I made my comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnaxD2HSdc&t=100s

and this is the only comments I can see.

kd1s
kd1s3 weeks ago
Interesting that he kept it around $250 U.S. - me I buy refurbished
laptops. If I get 3 years out of it I'm ahead of the game. Right now
I'm posting this from a Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10.
Banana Retro
Banana Retro2 months ago
Great chat. Eben is spot on with the class thing about Spectrum-ST
versus BBC-Amiga! I was probably even a tier below this, I was using
8-bit well into the mid 90s!
1
Michael Tsung
Michael Tsung3 months ago
Absolutely superb talk. Thanks so much to those involved in making
it....
1
Sabretooth Barnacle
Sabretooth Barnacle8 months ago
Used to use the PIF editor in Windows 3.0 on our RM Network to run
things we shouldn't
3

and that's it.

I've since posted another comment. Can you see THAT one?

still can't see your comments.

Here's a screenshot:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/honwxg8qoz...Upton.jpg?dl=0

Not what I get .

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnaxD2HSdc&t=100s

You may also enjoy watching the video too - I did!

started...

He seems like an 'OK' fellow, this Eben!

goes on a bit though.

The short BEFORE video is OK ..... IMO ;-)

The advert

Oooo! "You are awful"! ;-)

If you get to THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnaxD2HSdc&t=100s

You SHOULD be able to read my question (and learn a bit more about me!)

can onlt see the above 4 commetns I:ve no idea why as I said other
videos by him with more than 4 comments show up.
Go to another computer as a guest or another user and then see what
others can see that's what I do when checking my youtube uploads.

I did that this weekend. I could only see the 'new' comment I made
recently.

I also now asked the question separately.

I'm busy today. Going to see my sister then visit my son for a long
weekend! Thanks for chatting!

So I still don't know the Q Argh !

I posted my question under a new 'Subject' ...... "My question was"

I did go on the BBC computer repair/service course back in the day.
we still have one BBC computer in the lab as a demo machine.

Are you still of 'working age'?!!!

*BUMP*!!!!!

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.