Easily change EXIF dates?

Old March 16th 17, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Terry Pinnell[_2_]

Default Easily change EXIF dates?

I'm looking for a tool, preferably freeware, usable from File Explorer
(Win 10 in my case) with which I can quickly change EXIF data for a JPG
photo, either to a user settable date or a +/- delta . For example 'Add
1 hour', or 'Subtract 1 hour, 5 minutes', etc.). Ideally from an entry
in the right-click context menu, for maximum ease of use.

I have an old version of EXIF I used on my XP PC but always find it far
from a no-brainer after long gaps in usage.

I've also asked in alt.comp.freeware.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old March 16th 17, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/install.html
--
teleportation kills

Old March 16th 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 16/03/2017 12:03, Terry Pinnell wrote:
I'm looking for a tool, preferably freeware, usable from File Explorer
(Win 10 in my case) with which I can quickly change EXIF data for a JPG
photo, either to a user settable date or a +/- delta . For example 'Add
1 hour', or 'Subtract 1 hour, 5 minutes', etc.). Ideally from an entry
in the right-click context menu, for maximum ease of use.

I have an old version of EXIF I used on my XP PC but always find it far
from a no-brainer after long gaps in usage.

I've also asked in alt.comp.freeware.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terry, if you are prepared to pay, Picture Information Extractor is the
one to go for:

http://www.picmeta.com/products/pict...-extractor.htm

--
Cheers,
David
Old March 16th 17, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"David Taylor" wrote

| Terry, if you are prepared to pay, Picture Information Extractor is the
| one to go for:
|
| http://www.picmeta.com/products/pict...-extractor.htm

He's looking for a shell extension or similarly
integrated tool.

Old March 16th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

I'm looking for a tool, preferably freeware, usable from File Explorer
(Win 10 in my case) with which I can quickly change EXIF data for a JPG
photo, either to a user settable date or a +/- delta . For example 'Add
1 hour', or 'Subtract 1 hour, 5 minutes', etc.). Ideally from an entry
in the right-click context menu, for maximum ease of use.

I have an old version of EXIF I used on my XP PC but always find it far
from a no-brainer after long gaps in usage.

I've also asked in alt.comp.freeware.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terry, if you are prepared to pay, Picture Information Extractor is the
one to go for:

http://www.picmeta.com/products/pict...-extractor.htm

no need to pay exiftool is *free* and does way the hell more than that
does.
Old March 16th 17, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"nospam" wrote

| no need to pay exiftool is *free* and does way the hell more than that
| does.

And if he ever bothers to finish the job and make
a GUI version it might be worth looking at. There
are plenty of ways to get at EXIF data without
the hassle of command line.

Old March 16th 17, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"nospam" wrote

| no need to pay exiftool is *free* and does way the hell more than that
| does.

And if he ever bothers to finish the job and make
a GUI version it might be worth looking at. There
are plenty of ways to get at EXIF data without
the hassle of command line.

What's wrong with the command line? Whatever! There is a GUI for
ExifTool:

http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/~bogdan/
--
teleportation kills
Old March 16th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| no need to pay exiftool is *free* and does way the hell more than that
| does.

And if he ever bothers to finish the job and make
a GUI version it might be worth looking at.

odd comment from you, who considers a modern gui to be a toy.

anyway, plenty of others have built gui apps using exiftool under the
hood and links to those are provided.

There
are plenty of ways to get at EXIF data without
the hassle of command line.

there are, but for some tasks, the command line is preferable.

batch changing exif data is one such task.

pick the best tool for the job.