Digital Photo Frames?

Old October 4th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Girish Kulkarni

Default Digital Photo Frames?

I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm

It is a 7" LCD display-with slots for memory cards and USB devices,
and eight control knobs-that could be kept on a desk or hung on a
wall. I haven't ever actually seen this thing before but a review on
the Internet said this was a pretty attractive product, except for its
two drawbacks: it doesn't have an internal memory, and it doesn't have
any batteries!

Has anyone here used such a thing before? Will be interested in having
some suggestions.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com

Old October 4th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marcin[_4_]

I'm not sure if 16:9 LCD will be good to preview 3:2 or 4:3 photos!

Best wishes
Marcin
www.gorgolewski.com

Uzytkownik "Girish Kulkarni" napisal w wiadomosci
ups.com...

Old October 4th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Girish Kulkarni wrote:
I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm

It is a 7" LCD display-with slots for memory cards and USB devices,
and eight control knobs-that could be kept on a desk or hung on a
wall. I haven't ever actually seen this thing before but a review on
the Internet said this was a pretty attractive product, except for its
two drawbacks: it doesn't have an internal memory, and it doesn't have
any batteries!

Has anyone here used such a thing before? Will be interested in having
some suggestions.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com

These things are pretty common in stores around here (USA). Nice but a
little pricey for what they do.
Dave Cohen
Old October 4th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Girish Kulkarni wrote:
[...]

They seem fairly attractive little luxuries for people who like
family photos on their desks. I wonder how long it would be
before the novelty wore off? My daughter did think of one for
her husband but finally decided otherwise so I've no experience
to go on.

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old October 4th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article . com,
Girish Kulkarni wrote:

I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm

It is a 7" LCD display-with slots for memory cards and USB devices,
and eight control knobs-that could be kept on a desk or hung on a
wall. I haven't ever actually seen this thing before but a review on
the Internet said this was a pretty attractive product, except for its
two drawbacks: it doesn't have an internal memory, and it doesn't have
any batteries!

Has anyone here used such a thing before? Will be interested in having
some suggestions.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com

The website doesn't indicate the resolution of the screen - this is the
most important point when choosing a photoframe.
Old October 4th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:07:32 +0000, Girish Kulkarni wrote:

I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm

It is a 7" LCD display-with slots for memory cards and USB devices,
and eight control knobs-that could be kept on a desk or hung on a
wall. I haven't ever actually seen this thing before but a review on
the Internet said this was a pretty attractive product, except for its
two drawbacks: it doesn't have an internal memory, and it doesn't have
any batteries!

Has anyone here used such a thing before? Will be interested in having
some suggestions.

Got the wife a Royal 8" unit for Christmas last year - it's pretty damned
cool. Operation is via a remote control unit. We're satisfied with what it
produces.

Old October 4th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin[_2_]

Girish Kulkarni wrote:
I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm

It is a 7" LCD display-with slots for memory cards and USB devices,
and eight control knobs-that could be kept on a desk or hung on a
wall. I haven't ever actually seen this thing before but a review on
the Internet said this was a pretty attractive product, except for its
two drawbacks: it doesn't have an internal memory, and it doesn't have
any batteries!

Has anyone here used such a thing before? Will be interested in having
some suggestions.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com

It isn't a new kind of product, but lately there have been
several brands made cheaply in China. The quality is
variable. My wife and I have had a Kodak picture frame for
8 or 10 years, and it works very well.
Old October 4th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton

James wrote on Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:25:05 GMT:

JS "Dave Cohen" wrote in message
JS news:m78Ni.11786$1d2.7840@trndny05...
?? Girish Kulkarni wrote:
?? I've been looking for something that I could present a
?? photographer
?? friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is
?? coming up and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."
??
?? http://www.wesproindia.com/digitalframe.htm
?? These things are pretty common in stores around here
?? (USA). Nice but a little pricey for what they do.

JS They seem fairly attractive little luxuries for people who
JS like family photos on their desks. I wonder how long it
JS would be before the novelty wore off? My daughter did think
JS of one for her husband but finally decided otherwise so
JS I've no experience to go on.

I've seen some quite attractive looking models made by Philips
Electronics but I've only examined them in a store. I think the
price here was about USD 200.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old October 4th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred McKenzie

In article . com,
Girish Kulkarni wrote:

I've been looking for something that I could present a photographer
friend of mine as a gift on an important occasion that is coming up
and stumbled upon this "digital photo frame."

Girish-

I've seen similar digital photo frames in stores and was not impressed.
Why don't you purchase one for yourself and see how you like it. Then
you would be in a better position to know if someone else would like one
too.

I think the ones I saw may have had battery capability, but consider
that they just sit on a shelf showing pictures all day. Batteries might
be a problem since they would need frequent replacement.

Fred
Old October 4th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
cb3c

I got a digital picture frame for my mother-in-law for Christmas last year.
Unfortunately I didn't check things out and went through 3 of them before I
found one that produced good quality images. Make sure the resolution is at
least 800 X 600. If your getting this for a friend who is a photographer,
they will appreciate the higher resolution.

ups.com...