Good inexpensive photo paper

Old August 20th 04, 01:36 AM
Jim

Default Good inexpensive photo paper

I know I have seen it posted here before but could someone tell me where to
get high end glossy photo paper for a good price. I found Georgia Pacific
Image Plus paper 8.5 in. X 11 in. to be excellent with my Canon I960. I
found it at Sam's Club for $11.00 for 100 sheets. This is 9 mil paper that
has given me great results. Unfortunately Sam's Club doesn't carry it all
the time. I found it at some websites for $40.00 for 100 sheets!! I don't
think that was really a realistic price since GP doesn't retail through
mainstream stores but I can't find it for anywhere near the price I paid at
Sam's Club. For those of you not in the US, Sam's Club is a bulk buying
club under the same company as Wal Mart.

I would be willing to give some other paper a try if I could find it for a
bargain price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Old August 20th 04, 01:45 AM
jlancos

Jim,

Have you tried any computer shows in your town or nearby towns ? Last
few I've been to had all the regular papers and the new stuff out. Also
different Sams carry different items so that might be a try also.

Old August 20th 04, 03:58 PM
Clyde

Jim wrote:
[...]

I really like Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Lite.
http://www.inkjetart.com/photo_papers/ilford/smooth_gloss.html It's
looks just like the great regular version. It's only a tad less in
weight (10.4 instead of 10.8). Most important, it's almost half the price.

Clyde

Old August 20th 04, 07:03 PM
Blade Runner

CQ Glossy Photo Paper 20 sheets 8.5x11 per package for sale $0.99 in Fry's.
It is $3.99 when it is not on sale.

Shoot picture with Fuji S7000(6M mode) and Print it with Canon i560 and the
result is astonishing!

=

Old August 20th 04, 10:04 PM
Jim

Thanks for the tips. I looked at the Ilford before at Sam's but wasn't sure
if it was any good. I found 100 sheets of the Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
Photo for $23.22 plus shipping at http://samsclub.com. Do you know if the
10.8 thickness makes any difference? I know it will work in my printer. I
think I'll give it a try. Has to better than the 200 sheets I have now that
will going in the garbage.

Old August 21st 04, 04:51 AM
Olin K. McDaniel

That Ilford paper you described is exactly what I PREFER, to go with
my Canon i950. I pay that same price at the local Sam's without the
shipping, but with state sales tax. Hope you find it as good as I
have.

Olin McDaniel

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."