Epson Stylus R300 ME Photo Printer

Old January 8th 05, 01:08 AM
Sally

Default Epson Stylus R300 ME Photo Printer

Just wondering if anyone had the above photo printer and if so are you
pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!

Hugs
Sally

Old January 8th 05, 01:26 AM
George

"Sally" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone had the above photo printer and if so are you
pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!

Hugs
Sally

I have the model below it (just for printing CDs), the R200. My take on the
R300 is that
the quality was so similar to the R200 that I didn't consider it, but did
look at the R800
which was noticeably better. Personally, I'd choose between the R200 and
the R800 based
on your needs.

Old January 8th 05, 05:15 PM
Robert Strom

I have one, love it. Have been using Espon printers for years, and
this is a great printer. I have had mine for over a year and have made
hundreds of photo prints. The only problem seems to be that when I
try to print many 81/2" x 11" prints on the premium glossy paper, the
rollers slip and I have to "help" the printer grab the paper. Maybe
some of the slickness of the paper is rubbing off on the rollers, but
I can't get to the rollers to clean them. If I run a few sheets of
card stock or matte paper through it it seems to clean the rollers.

Have never suffered a head clog (turn the printer off when shutting
down PC for the day)

Prints on CD-s with very good quality though the software is "consumer
grade"

robert Strom

BTW I paid 200.00 for this printer last year and now it is less than
100.00

Old January 8th 05, 08:22 PM
measekite

Every time you turn the printer on it sucks up and wastes ink. It will
not hurt to leave it and your computer system on all of the time. Just
set your monitor for power save.

Old January 9th 05, 03:50 PM
Robert Strom

This printer only does a head cleaning cycle if I haven't used the
printer for a few days.

I may be superstitous, but I have only expereinced head clogs (on my
espon printers) when I have left the unit on. I don't remember where
I read this, but it sticks in my mind that when you turn the printer
off, the heads rest on the sponges and keep the heads from drying out.