Now the Dilemma Begins

Old April 23rd 05, 05:24 PM
measekite

Default Now the Dilemma Begins

While we only had an announcement of the Canon S2 I am sure the reviews
will soon follow after the camera is released. I would like to see a
direct compare between the Canon S2 IS and the Panasonic Lumix FZ5. I
did not see a TIFF formant on the Canon and there is one on the FZ5. I
think that is important. I also wonder how the Canon lenses compares
against the Leica.

I hope to see head on comparative reviews. When Fuji announces an IS
long zoom version of the S5100, we will then have 3 choices for good
point and shoots.
Old April 24th 05, 01:58 AM
Eric Babula

measekite wrote in news:5Fuae.2312$zX7.1234
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

While we only had an announcement of the Canon S2 I am sure the reviews
will soon follow after the camera is released. I would like to see a
direct compare between the Canon S2 IS and the Panasonic Lumix FZ5. I
did not see a TIFF formant on the Canon and there is one on the FZ5. I
think that is important. I also wonder how the Canon lenses compares
against the Leica.

I hope to see head on comparative reviews. When Fuji announces an IS
long zoom version of the S5100, we will then have 3 choices for good
point and shoots.

I'm in the same boat you are. I've pretty much decided on the FZ5 over
the Konica Minolta Z5, but decided to wait a month or so, until the price
drops a bit. Sure enough, out comes the Canon S2 IS, which might be a
rival to the FZ5! Just my luck! Now, I've got more reading to do, and
more comparing, when the reviews for the S2 come out.

I don't know when the S2 comes out, officially. But, until I see proof,
I'm assuming the FZ5 is still the better camera. I'll wait a little bit,
just to see what comes out on the S2, but, at some point I have to bite
the bullet and buy. My vacation is coming up, and I want to get my new
digicam early enough to have a bit of time to learn the ins and outs of
how to get good pics out of it.

At some point, we just gotta buy. There will always be the next better
thing. If we keep waiting to see, we'll never have a camera to take pics
with.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA