Pinf: SavageDuck Spitfre video

Old May 8th 20, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default Pinf: SavageDuck Spitfre video

This will interest you, Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

WWII planes and photography.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 8th 20, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 8, 2020, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

This will interest you, Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

WWII planes and photography.

Yup!

Thanks for posting.

I first saw that a few years ago, but I am sure there are others here who will also find it interesting both from the photography, and the WWII aircraft perspective.

Savageduck

Old May 9th 20, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 08 May 2020 07:45:17 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 8, 2020, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

This will interest you, Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

WWII planes and photography.

Yup!

Thanks for posting.

I first saw that a few years ago, but I am sure there are others here who will also find it interesting both from the photography, and the WWII aircraft perspective.

I liked his final comment.

Eric Stevens
Old May 9th 20, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 8, 2020, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

On May 8, 2020, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

This will interest you, Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

WWII planes and photography.

Yup!

Thanks for posting.

I first saw that a few years ago, but I am sure there are others here who will also find it interesting both from the photography, and the WWII aircraft perspective.

I liked his final comment.

Which one?

“All these years I told my kids about it.”

or “Every pilot should fly it at least once.”

My father had the opportunity to fly a Spit’ in 1943 when his fighter group shared the base at Dobodura New Guinea with an RAAF Spitfire squadron. At 6 ft 3 my father found the Spitfire cockpit too small for his frame, and that made things too awkward for him to fly it. That was in 1943 when he was flying the P-47 before he moved to the P-38. Even with the P-47 and P-38 he had to use a back-pack parachute rather than a seat-pack in order to fit in those cockpits with headroom against the canopy, and the seat hight adjusted for him. So instead of the seat-pack chute as a cushion on the bare metal seat he used a thin pad. Charles Lindbergh had the same tall frame problem when he flew with the various P-38 groups in the SW Pacific.

That said my father absolutely loved the P-38J & P-38L.

Savageduck

Old May 10th 20, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 08/05/2020 15:11, Tony Cooper wrote:
This will interest you, Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

WWII planes and photography.

Nice little film, worth watching!
Old May 10th 20, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy[_2_]

On Sat, 09 May 2020 12:40:43 +1200, Eric Stevens wrote:

I liked his final comment.

I liked, "Get that cigarrette out of your mouth!"

--
croy