Film camera

Old April 5th 20, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Film camera

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Interesting. Seems people want to have a real crap camera
instead of a fake crap camera.

nobody wants a crap camera. why would they?
Old April 5th 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Alfred Molon wrote:

The question is why this guy felt the need to bring along an old
MF film camera and not for instance one of those small tough
outdoor weather sealed cameras, such as for instance an Olympus
Tough or something similar.

Could be for a variety of reasons. One could be a “no approved
electronic devices”, so an analog manual film camera fits the bill.

-hh
Old April 5th 20, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-04-04 13:55, Alfred Molon wrote:
I read this
https://petapixel.com/2020/04/04/rar...tary-survival-
training-photos-shot-with-a-holga-toy-camera/

and started thinking that perhaps there could be a market

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

Old April 5th 20, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-04-04 20:47, Whisky-dave wrote:

Formula 1 cars have manual gears

Double clutched automatics that change gears very fast - all the driver
does is pull a an "up" or "down" shift control. If you call that
"manual"....

Old April 5th 20, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 5, 2020, Alan Browne wrote
(in ):

On 2020-04-04 20:47, Whisky-dave wrote:

Formula 1 cars have manual gears

Double clutched automatics that change gears very fast - all the driver
does is pull a an "up" or "down" shift control. If you call that
"manual"....

Generally F1 cars use highly automated sequential manual gearboxes with paddle-shifters, with 8 forward gears, and one reverse. All rear wheel drive.In 2014 8-speed gearboxes were introduced and the teams must nominate the eight gear ratios to be used before the first race of the season.

Gear changes are made using the paddles, and electro-hydraulics perform the actual shift. Clutch control is also electro-hydraulic and is usually only used for shifts into neutral and starts. The clutch lever is mounted on the back of the steering wheel, and is no longer a pedal. They all use “seamless” transmissions which deliver shift times of about 0.05 seconds.

F1 rules were changed in 2001 to allow fully automatic transmissions with a launch control feature, but have been banned since 2014. Traction control was banned in 2008.

Savageduck

Old April 5th 20, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
says...

On 2020-04-04 13:55, Alfred Molon wrote:
I read this
https://petapixel.com/2020/04/04/rar...tary-survival-
training-photos-shot-with-a-holga-toy-camera/

and started thinking that perhaps there could be a market

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

How long does it take to get Ilford HP5+ medium format film
developed? If you have to send it by mail, it may well take a
few days to get the image CD.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old April 5th 20, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Benot

Alfred Molon wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 2020-04-04 13:55, Alfred Molon wrote:
I read this
https://petapixel.com/2020/04/04/rar...tary-survival-
training-photos-shot-with-a-holga-toy-camera/

and started thinking that perhaps there could be a market

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

How long does it take to get Ilford HP5+ medium format film
developed? If you have to send it by mail, it may well take a
few days to get the image CD.

A few hours if you know how to develop B&W films. But you don't know
what they are. Just like cooking without a microwave oven or using a
non-self-driving car, watching TV without a qwerty+ remote control.

To make it short, you don't know how to get something done paying
someone to do it. A sort of caricatural land lord.

--
Vie : n.f. maladie mortelle sexuellement transmissible
Benot chez leraillez.com
Old April 6th 20, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-04-05 16:56, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 2020-04-04 13:55, Alfred Molon wrote:
I read this
https://petapixel.com/2020/04/04/rar...tary-survival-
training-photos-shot-with-a-holga-toy-camera/

and started thinking that perhaps there could be a market

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

I'll take that for a yes. Government workers never answer with a simple
yes or no. They consistently go off on tangents.

Such as:

How long does it take to get Ilford HP5+ medium format film
developed? If you have to send it by mail, it may well take a
few days to get the image CD.

My last exposed roll of B&W 120 film is still in the tank. Never added
the developer.

"Tomorrow" I said... that was about 10 years ago. I'm actually not even
sure where the tank is at this moment.

OTOH, I can take a photo with any of my digital cameras and see the
result - and technical data - instantly, and upload it to my computer in
seconds.

Or with my iPhone I could have it available on any of my devices w/o
lifting a finger other than turning on the device and waiting for sync.
(I don't actually use this feature).

Old April 6th 20, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:33:24 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

I'll take that for a yes. Government workers never answer with a simple
yes or no. They consistently go off on tangents.

I don't know if you classify politicians as "government workers", but
it seems to be essential for a politician to be able to speak at
length without actually answering any question put to them.

When I watch the Sunday morning TV shows like "Meet The Press", I am
constantly impressed by the ability of the politicians being
interviewed to *not* answer a question or address the point being made
by the interviewer in 10,000 words or more.

The lengthy replies are like cotton candy ("candy floss" to the UK
readers): volume without substance.

Our Commander in Chief - who doesn't seem to be in command of
anything, and has no command of the English language - has another way
of deflecting the hard questions: "That's a nasty question" or
"You're fake news", or "Let's talk about my ratings".
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Old Film Ricoh SLR Camera Jack Glidden Digital SLR Cameras 4 July 28th 07 04:31 PM
Any camera/film stores carrying 120 film in or around Hilo, HI Norm Dresner Medium Format Photography Equipment 22 April 11th 05 07:56 PM
Any camera/film stores carrying 120 film in or around Hilo, HI Norm Dresner Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 April 8th 05 07:10 PM
Advice for camera bag, film developing and film choice JZ 35mm Photo Equipment 4 August 24th 04 08:56 PM
Looking for a digital camera with wide angle lens (equivalent of 28mm on a film camera)... Doghouse Riley Digital Photography 34 August 10th 04 08:55 PM