Pentax Optio S5i

Old February 26th 05, 06:00 AM
Mij Adyaw

Default Pentax Optio S5i

I got this camera several weeks ago and the user interface rules!!! It is
much better than the user interface on the Canon that I replaced. The Pentax
is also smaller and lighter and takes better pictures. Pentax RULES!!!

-mij

Old February 27th 05, 07:43 AM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:00:59 -0800, "Mij Adyaw"
wrote:

I got this camera several weeks ago and the user interface rules!!! It is
much better than the user interface on the Canon that I replaced. The Pentax
is also smaller and lighter and takes better pictures. Pentax RULES!!!

I have the 555 and love it. I've been a Pentax user since 1970 so,
when I went digital, I decided I'd stay with Pentax barring some
overwhelming reason to change. Prior to my 555, I had only taken some
photos with a 3mp Sony my wife owned so I don't have a lot of
experience with other cameras but I do find the 555 incredibly easy to
use while giving me a lot of control.

Gary J Sibio

http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio/

I need a trepanning like I need a hole in my head.
Old February 28th 05, 05:10 PM
Thames_side

I have one, my first digital camera. It's great but I do find all the white
balance options a bit of a bind. If you do set it , say , to sunlight and
you don't take a picture for a minute or two the camera shuts down and you
have to set it again when you switch on. Can be tricky if the light is
bright. Is it worth changing or do most people just leave it on auto?

Old February 28th 05, 09:03 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:10:57 -0000, "Thames_side"
wrote:

I have one, my first digital camera. It's great but I do find all the white
balance options a bit of a bind. If you do set it , say , to sunlight and
you don't take a picture for a minute or two the camera shuts down and you
have to set it again when you switch on. Can be tricky if the light is
bright. Is it worth changing or do most people just leave it on auto?

The 555 has an option on the rec.mode menu that allows you to
determine which options are stored when the camera is turned off and
which has to be reset each time you turn the camera on. I don't have
my camera with me at the moment and I don't remember the option name,
but it's toward the end of the menu.

IMO it is never a good idea to leave white balance on auto. If you
take a close-up of a red flower, auto will try to shift the colors for
you thinking its under tungsten light.