Canon A630 battery question

Old November 29th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Syke

Default Canon A630 battery question

What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old November 29th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ronald Hands

Syke wrote:
What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Sanyo's Eneloop.

But it doesn't really matter what you use. The camera is remarkably
easy on batteries. The manual claims 350 shots on a set of alkalines
with the LCD monitor on and flash used "once for every two shots". The
same source says 500 shots using NiMH batteries.

-- Ron
Old November 29th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Ronald Hands wrote:
Syke wrote:
What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Sanyo's Eneloop.

But it doesn't really matter what you use. The camera is remarkably
easy on batteries. The manual claims 350 shots on a set of alkalines
with the LCD monitor on and flash used "once for every two shots". The
same source says 500 shots using NiMH batteries.

-- Ron

Using eneloops, I've just got 650 shots in an A95 over a period of over
2 months from purchase (mid September) without an initial charge. Since
these are made in Japan it's safe to assume at least 3 months from
initial charge. I've never gotten this type of performance from normal
NiMH's used over an equivalent time period. I would expect the A630 to
do better than an A95. Sanyo has an agreement with Rayovac so we'll be
seeing more of these low self discharge types.
Note: Some people shoot more than my 650 shots in a day's outing. So for
heavy users, higher capacity normal NiMH might be a better choice.
Dave Cohen
Old November 29th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

"Syke" wrote in message
What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Regards

Pat Macguire

Battery life in the camera is remarkable. If you you shoot over 200 images
in a period of a month, go rechargable, if not, go Alkaline, otherwise you
would have to charge the rechargables often to be sure they wouldn't be flat
on you.
John

Old November 30th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

JohnR66 wrote:
"Syke" wrote in message
What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Regards

Pat Macguire

Battery life in the camera is remarkable. If you you shoot over 200 images
in a period of a month, go rechargable, if not, go Alkaline, otherwise you
would have to charge the rechargables often to be sure they wouldn't be flat
on you.
John

In light of my post, probably not seen by you when you posted, you might
want to revise that opinion. Prior to the low self discharge offerings I
would have agreed with you.
Dave Cohen
Old December 1st 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Syke

"Syke" wrote in message
What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

Regards

Pat Macguire

Thanks for taking the time everybody.
Pat Macguire