Good flat bed scanner for 35mm slides?

Old October 18th 05, 09:05 PM
Morton Klotz

Default Good flat bed scanner for 35mm slides?

Can anyone suggest a good flat bed scanner that also does a
reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.

Morton Klotz
Placerville, California
Old October 18th 05, 10:03 PM

I am not too unhappy with my HP ScanJet 5370C with the transparency
adapter--it's tedious, but the results are "reasonable" for my
purposes. Some output at:

http://scienceteacher.biz/CaliDrive/index.htm

I deliberately left these a bit sloppy in cropping & dust removal--

Paul B.

Old October 18th 05, 10:10 PM
Charles Schuler

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am not too unhappy with my HP ScanJet 5370C with the transparency
adapter--it's tedious, but the results are "reasonable" for my
purposes. Some output at:

I'll agree with that as I have the same scanner (is it still a current
model?). Would not recommend it if you have a volume of work to do; as
mentioned above, "tedious" is the operative word. Would also not recommend
it if you have high-end expectations.

Old October 19th 05, 05:09 AM
bmoag

Epson 4180. I have a dedicated film scanner that does a better job, but if I
had not seen the scans from the dedicated film scanner I would be satisfied
with most of the 35mm scans from the 4180. Epson often has refurbished
models on its web site for around $150 with the same as new warranty, which
is how I got mine.

Old October 19th 05, 11:07 AM
Bob Williams

Morton Klotz wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good flat bed scanner that also does a
reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.

Morton Klotz
Placerville, California

I have seen some excellent user reviews on the Canon 8400 for scanning
slides.
It sells for about $150
Bob Williams
Old October 19th 05, 07:17 PM
Waldo

Bob Williams wrote:

Morton Klotz wrote:

Can anyone suggest a good flat bed scanner that also does a
reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.

Morton Klotz
Placerville, California

I have seen some excellent user reviews on the Canon 8400 for scanning
slides.
It sells for about $150
Bob Williams

I'll second that. I've had the 8400 for about three weeks
now and am very pleased with the results. A great machine
for its price.

Waldo
Old October 19th 05, 07:43 PM
Gary Hendricks

Hi Bob,

Here's a great website that has a nice thoughts about 35mm flatbed
scanners:

http://www.flatbed-scanner-review.or..._scanners.html

Sincerely,
Gary Hendricks, Basic-Digital-Photography.com
The best digital photography tutorials and how-to guides:
http://www.basic-digital-photography.com