Selecting Photos for Slideshow

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2nd 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
One4All

Default Selecting Photos for Slideshow

I want to produce DVDs of photos that I & others have taken of my
family over a long period of time. I have no children, so these DVDs
are for families of brothers & sisters and for long time friends,
including my ex-wife. The problem is not knowing which photos will
interest these people.

Of course, they all interest *me*. It's almost impossible to separate
photos for each interest group. That is, tailoring a DVD for each
group. However, there may be some photos to omit, such as friends of
mine during high school and college days. I've edited these photos to
avoid repetition, but even the included may lack interest. They are
good, well-composed photos, so I've justified in my mind that they may
be of interest for photographic reasons, alone. In other words, it's
as much about my photography over the years as it is about my family &
friends. At least, that's what I tell myself.

I include a title clip at the beginning, briefly explaining this, &
that with a DVD remote, viewers can skip whatever images fail to
interest them. I just decided to include the whole damn thing. I'd
appreciate hearing from anyone who's faced the same dilemma and how
they solved it. Well, as far as that goes, I'd appreciate hearing from
anyone. I'm early in the process, so I can go back & change anything
easily.

I just need help in defining my goal. I have a goal, but question it.