FA: Rollei Rolleiflex Bay II UV Filter

Old February 12th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

Default FA: Rollei Rolleiflex Bay II UV Filter

Old February 12th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

Default Rollei Rolleiflex Bay II UV Filter

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/[....]

Old February 12th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:25:25 -0600, "WhoCares"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/[....]

Do they listen ?

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net
Old February 12th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

In rec.photo.darkroom David Nebenzahl wrote:
: John spake thus:

: On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:25:25 -0600, "WhoCares"
: wrote:
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/[....]
:
:
:
: Do they listen ?

: Maybe, but it probably wouldn't make any difference anyhow: what he did
: isn't against their (eBay's) TOS, only against this newsgroup's charter,
: which eBay could probably give two ****s about.

Advertising auctions on newsgroup in violation of the groups charter is in
violation of ebay's tos and grounds for having an account suspended. Whether
or not they will actually do anything about is unknown.
--

-------------------
Old February 12th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:24:26 -0600, Frank Pittel
wrote:

Advertising auctions on newsgroup in violation of the groups charter is in
violation of ebay's tos and grounds for having an account suspended. Whether
or not they will actually do anything about is unknown.

I just emailed him through his ebay account ;)

==
Old February 12th 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

Frank Pittel spake thus:

In rec.photo.darkroom David Nebenzahl wrote:
: John spake thus:

: On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:25:25 -0600, "WhoCares"
: wrote:
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/[....]
:
:
:
: Do they listen ?

: Maybe, but it probably wouldn't make any difference anyhow: what he did
: isn't against their (eBay's) TOS, only against this newsgroup's charter,
: which eBay could probably give two ****s about.

Advertising auctions on newsgroup in violation of the groups charter is in
violation of ebay's tos and grounds for having an account suspended. Whether
or not they will actually do anything about is unknown.

I don't think that's so; I just waded through a lot of eBay's "rules for
sellers", and while they do prohibit offers to sell outside of eBay
(which this was not) and email spam, there's nothing there I could find
that pertains to newsgroups. In fact, it appears that this is exempt
from their sanctions, at least according to this little bit:

Instant messages and other forms of communication conducted outside
of eBay are not within our jurisdiction. Although posts on the eBay
Discussion Boards are not reviewed as spam, eBay does have a policy
related to appropriate board usage.

(Notice that they're referring to their own boards, not outside ones.)

Can you find the relevant section in their rules that says that this is
a violation of their terms? I don't think you can, but I could be wrong.

--
If the United States government, with all its capacity to collect
and interpret information, did not see Hamas doing very well in the

- Rami G. Khouri, editor at large of the Beirut-based _Daily Star_
Old February 12th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

In rec.photo.darkroom David Nebenzahl wrote:
: Frank Pittel spake thus:

: In rec.photo.darkroom David Nebenzahl wrote:
: : John spake thus:
:
: : On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:25:25 -0600, "WhoCares"
: : wrote:
: :
: : wrote in message
: : oups.com...
: :
: : http://cgi.ebay.com/[....]
: :
: :
: :
: : Do they listen ?
:
[...]

This is what I found while searching on the word usenet.

eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay
or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy. If
Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among other remedies remove the listing,
issue a warning, or suspend the user's eBay account.

The above would seem to cover advertising ebay auctions in newsgroups in
violation of the group charter.

Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's clear it was an
eBay member who posted to the Usenet group inappropriately.

Notice they give themselves a broad "out" in enforcing the policy.
--

-------------------
Old February 13th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

John wrote:

FYI, I attempted to send him a copy of the charter.txt that I keep for
such occasions. Unfortunately his email address is munged so I got a
bounce. Subsequently I sent him a note through Ebay suggesting :

"Please consider apologizing to the USENET groups which you spammed
with your advertizing. Such posts are specifically disallowed by the
charters of the rec.photo groups."

to which this person has replied :

"I have no idea what you are talking about. However, I have
forwarded your email to eBay. You are specifically disallowed by
eBays charter to send email of this nature on THEIR system."

I hope he did and I hope that Ebay contacts me on this. It should be
interesting to get their take on USENET spammers.

Pretty much the same as their take on eBay fraud ... as long as they get
their cut from the auction, they don't care.

caveat emptor
Old February 15th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format,rec.photo.darkroom

you need the auction now.