T MAX Developer

Old February 25th 04, 03:58 PM
¡¹¡¸Lonely Boy¡¸¡¹

Default T MAX Developer

Anyone has been using TMAX developer at 1:9 dilution? What is the result on
TMX and TMY vs recommended dilution of 1:4?

Thanks.

--
Please remove NOSPAM when replying!

Old February 25th 04, 04:08 PM
Mark A

"¡¹¡¸Lonely Boy¡¸¡¹" wrote in message
Anyone has been using TMAX developer at 1:9 dilution? What is the result

on
TMX and TMY vs recommended dilution of 1:4?

Thanks.

Try searching the newsgroup archives in google groups

Old February 25th 04, 05:32 PM
Frank Pittel

"????Lonely Boy????" wrote:
: Anyone has been using TMAX developer at 1:9 dilution? What is the result on
: TMX and TMY vs recommended dilution of 1:4?

: Thanks.

I've been using Tmax diluted 1:9 for years and love it. It gives good shadow
detail, smooth tonality and nearly non-existent grain.

-------------------

Old February 26th 04, 02:34 PM
¡¹¡¸Lonely Boy¡¸¡¹

Thanks

--
Please remove NOSPAM when replying!
--
My Underwater Photo Album: http://www.geocities.com/hmlai88/
Have a nice day and eat as much as you can!
Lonely Boy
http://www.geocities.com/lonelyb
ICQ: 1176912
----

"Frank Pittel" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

Old February 27th 04, 06:04 AM
John

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:32:09 -0600, Frank Pittel
wrote:

: Anyone has been using TMAX developer at 1:9 dilution? What is the result on
: TMX and TMY vs recommended dilution of 1:4?

: Thanks.

I've been using Tmax diluted 1:9 for years and love it. It gives good shadow
detail, smooth tonality and nearly non-existent grain.

It also appears to be sharper.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old February 27th 04, 05:09 PM
Frank Pittel

: wrote:

: : Anyone has been using TMAX developer at 1:9 dilution? What is the result on
: : TMX and TMY vs recommended dilution of 1:4?
:
: : Thanks.
:
: I've been using Tmax diluted 1:9 for years and love it. It gives good shadow
: detail, smooth tonality and nearly non-existent grain.

: It also appears to be sharper.

I've often why Kodak doesn't simply recommend using Tmax at 1:9. It's a much
better developr diluted at 1:9 then at 1:4.

-------------------

Old February 28th 04, 08:52 AM
John

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:09:10 -0600, Frank Pittel
wrote:

: It also appears to be sharper.

I've often why Kodak doesn't simply recommend using Tmax at 1:9. It's a much
better developr diluted at 1:9 then at 1:4.

Probably has something to do with that 15~21 minute developing
time. Not that I minded.

Old February 28th 04, 02:53 PM
Pieter Litchfield

Or perhaps because they'd sell a lot less TMAX developer! I have used TMAX
with TMAX 100 and 400 films for a couple of years at 1:9 solution at 75
degrees F with excellent results after having that recommended to me here.

Old March 7th 04, 10:13 AM
photo

This way (recommended) Kodak sells more than double its product - good
marketing...!

Old March 7th 04, 07:19 PM
Frank Pittel

That part makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that it's a much
better developer and 1:9 and more people would keep using it after testing
resulting in even more sales. I know that I first tried it at 1:4 and didn't
like it. It wasn't until someone on the list suggested using it 1:9. Since I
had most of a bottle left I tried it and loved the results. I also know that
others here on the list have had the same results.

Then again I'm not surprised by any of Kodak's marketing mess ups any more.