Please help identify this camera?????

Old April 29th 05, 08:06 PM
Mykel B.

Default Please help identify this camera?????

I have an old camera I'm interested in selling. It belonged to my
grandfather. You can see a couple pictures of it at:

http://home.netcom.com/~worldforfree...ges/camera.jpg

those these aren't clear. Some hints:

Under the lens it says IIex Shutter. The lense itself casy Citer
Anastigmatic and the lens speed knob about the lens says ACME on it.

The camera is in rough condition, and other than those markings, I
have no idea of the brand, let alone the value.

Can you help me?

Please respond to: , and NOT to this thread. I've
sent this message to several groups in the hopes that someone can
help.

Thanks,
Old April 30th 05, 01:59 AM
Phil

"Mykel B." wrote in message
I have an old camera I'm interested in selling. It belonged to my
grandfather. You can see a couple pictures of it at:

http://home.netcom.com/~worldforfree...ges/camera.jpg

those these aren't clear. Some hints:

Under the lens it says IIex Shutter. The lense itself casy Citer
Anastigmatic and the lens speed knob about the lens says ACME on it.

The camera is in rough condition, and other than those markings, I
have no idea of the brand, let alone the value.

Can you help me?

Please respond to: , and NOT to this thread. I've
sent this message to several groups in the hopes that someone can
help.

Thanks,

It looks very much like the Agfa that my father brought home from Germany
after WWII.

Old April 30th 05, 10:55 AM
Geoff Sanson

It looks like and old Box Brownie to me. Might get a fiver for it from some
old sentimental fool at a car boot sale.

Old April 30th 05, 08:29 PM
gearoidmuar

It's unfortunately a worthless heap of junk. Could be an Agfa or Balda or
whatever.

Old May 1st 05, 01:06 AM
Phil

"gearoidmuar" wrote in message
news:1114889560.fd25074bda671c9511379126711e1198@t eranews...
It's unfortunately a worthless heap of junk. Could be an Agfa or Balda or
whatever.

Well, okay it's not a Hasselblad, and most go for $5-$30, depending on the
year, model, condition, etc. It is however, a good example of a classic and
popular medium format camera produced in the 1930s-1940s, and it's very
instructive to experiment with such a camera.

Personally, the Agfa was the first camera I ever tried to use (back in the
early sixties), and I've had a love of photography ever since.

Old May 1st 05, 06:10 AM
DFS

It appears to be VERY similar to an old Kodak Autographic. If of the same
vintage, it probably uses a 116/616 roll film which hasn't been available
for years.... so much for experimenting. If it's smaller than it appears,
and uses 120, owner might be in luck.

Old May 16th 05, 06:06 AM

I've heard of people making paper negs for larger MF roll cameras with
unavailable film formats...some experimentation is possible if you're
really determined.

Murray