Lightroom Classic CC problem

Old February 21st 18, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Lightroom Classic CC problem

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

lightroom could check on launch or ideally, windows could have a
maintenance task that checks.

How the hell would Windows know what permissions are required? If
it's
an installation problem it's up to Adobe's installer to get them
right.

and it does. otherwise hundreds of millions of users would not be able
to use their software.

Check the forums and find out how many users of a variety of Adobe
apps are now complainining that Crash Reporter isn't working. Bearing
in mind that you have to have a crash to find that out, there must be
very many more who have the same problem but haven't found out yet.

that doesn't mean what you think it means.

Then you explain what you think it means.

people like to complain and post about problems. they don't normally
post when things run smoothly. you're not getting the full picture (no
pun intended).

most people wouldn't even know there is something called crash reporter
if they don't experience a crash.

Are you trying to claim that the complaints about Crash Reporter not
working are being made by people who don't know there is such a thing
as Crash Reporter?

no.
Old February 21st 18, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have said that some of the accounts I have read suggest that the
problem is with incorrectly set file permissons, in which case the
problem is not caused by Windows.

as i said before, apps that crash with incorrectly set permissions is a
bug with the app, but the true problem is that windows gets into that
situation.

tl;dr you're treating the symptom, not the disease.

What do you reckon should be done to Windows to avoid the problem of
people incorrectly setting file access permissons?

people aren't doing it intentionally.
Old February 21st 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:38:07 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

lightroom could check on launch or ideally, windows could have a
maintenance task that checks.

How the hell would Windows know what permissions are required? If
it's
an installation problem it's up to Adobe's installer to get them
right.

and it does. otherwise hundreds of millions of users would not be able
to use their software.

Explanation of meaning required from here on ....

Check the forums and find out how many users of a variety of Adobe
apps are now complainining that Crash Reporter isn't working. Bearing
in mind that you have to have a crash to find that out, there must be
very many more who have the same problem but haven't found out yet.

that doesn't mean what you think it means.

Then you explain what you think it means.

people like to complain and post about problems. they don't normally
post when things run smoothly. you're not getting the full picture (no
pun intended).

most people wouldn't even know there is something called crash reporter
if they don't experience a crash.

Are you trying to claim that the complaints about Crash Reporter not
working are being made by people who don't know there is such a thing
as Crash Reporter?

no.

Then what the hell are you trying to say?

Please explain from my line inserted further up.

Eric Stevens
Old February 21st 18, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:38:08 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have said that some of the accounts I have read suggest that the
problem is with incorrectly set file permissons, in which case the
problem is not caused by Windows.

as i said before, apps that crash with incorrectly set permissions is a
bug with the app, but the true problem is that windows gets into that
situation.

tl;dr you're treating the symptom, not the disease.

What do you reckon should be done to Windows to avoid the problem of
people incorrectly setting file access permissons?

people aren't doing it intentionally.

But you said "the true problem is that windows gets into that
situation" thereby implying the problem is with Windows.

Therefore I ask you again "What do you reckon should be done to

Old February 22nd 18, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:33:29 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

"Flog 'them'" is plural. How do you flog plural Windows when Windows
is already a plural?

Eric Stevens

Old February 22nd 18, 09:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

rOn Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:33:25 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Another evasion. You are quite good at those.

Eric Stevens
Old February 22nd 18, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Therefore I ask you again "What do you reckon should be done to
Windows to avoid the problem of people incorrectly setting file access
permissons?"

flog them.

"Flog 'them'" is plural. How do you flog plural Windows when Windows
is already a plural?

whoosh.

Another evasion. You are quite good at those.

nope.

although, you're quite good at failing to understand english.
Old February 22nd 18, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:40:03 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Therefore I ask you again "What do you reckon should be done to
Windows to avoid the problem of people incorrectly setting file access
permissons?"

flog them.

"Flog 'them'" is plural. How do you flog plural Windows when Windows
is already a plural?

whoosh.

Another evasion. You are quite good at those.

nope.

although, you're quite good at failing to understand english.

Especially when it is strung together by you.

I have had enough of your quasi-gibberish.

More than enough.

Eric Stevens