STAREDOWN WITH THE 40D !

Old December 29th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default STAREDOWN WITH THE 40D !

Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

Old December 29th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Dec 28, 4:20*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

Very nice shot.

Scott
Old December 29th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 28, 9:20*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

AWW, it's a little doe! I have a brooch on my coat that looks just
like her.
What a sweet shot! The detail is absolutely superb! As always,
another fantastic job!
Helen
Old December 29th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Noons

On Dec 29, 1:20 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

finally! something that is not ridiculously
over-sharpened. good shot!
Old December 29th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Dec 28, 4:32*pm, Noons wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:20 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

finally! something that is not ridiculously
over-sharpened. good shot!

When you are use to soft images from your film scans any decently
sharp image will look over sharpened to you.

In this case we are looking at a 100% crop and it is very sharp for a
100% crop, but down size a bit and it would look "over-sharpened" to
your eyes.

Scott

Old December 29th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
russ templeton

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:38:20 -0800 (PST), Scott W wrote:

On Dec 28, 4:32*pm, Noons wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:20 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Whenever the 40D goes out to shoot on a rainy day, it always
attracts some stares.

That is an actual size crop, BTW.

finally! something that is not ridiculously
over-sharpened. good shot!

When you are use to soft images from your film scans any decently
sharp image will look over sharpened to you.

In this case we are looking at a 100% crop and it is very sharp for a
100% crop, but down size a bit and it would look "over-sharpened" to
your eyes.

Scott

I've got about 150 shots just like it, or much better, taken over the years with
P&S cameras. What was the point of posting something so ordinary that anyone can
do with any camera?

Just to waste our bandwidth? To appease your need for attention?

I don't get it.

You could have at least done something about that rotten white-balance that your
camera created. A deer's coat isn't magenta. Get your monitor adjusted, or get a
better camera, or something. How about some talent, see if you can buy that
somewhere while you're at it.

What a waste of time.

Old December 29th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Walter Banks

russ templeton wrote:

I've got about 150 shots just like it, or much better, taken over the years with
P&S cameras. What was the point of posting something so ordinary that anyone can
do with any camera?

Please post a few.

Many Thanks

Walter Banks

Old December 29th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Dec 28, 9:38*pm, Scott W wrote:

In this case we are looking at a 100% crop and it is very sharp for a
100% crop, but down size a bit and it would look "over-sharpened" to
your eyes.

Exactly!
I had a helluva time with this one when I tried to downsize for the
web, especially if I used my usual Bicubic Sharper settings. Makes
the fur look like razor blades.
I finally gave up and decided to just post the full-size crop. The
deer was walking toward me and was ignorant of my presence until I
moved and showed myself when she was about 25 yards away. I could
have let her get close enough to pet if I'd wanted, but it would have
probably scared the hell out of her.
Old December 29th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Dec 29, 8:53*am, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
I could
have let her get close enough to pet if I'd wanted, but it would have
probably scared the hell out of her.

Uh, that's the whole purpose of going to the petting zoo. *These animals are
domesticated and won't be scared.

I wouldn't know about that. I like the challenge of photgraphing them
in the wild.

Old December 29th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 29, 6:02 pm, 'russ templeton' troll of the multitude of
identities, vomited:
I've got about 150 shots just like it, or much better

Yes, 'russ' of oh-so-many-names, post a few. Or ... just one...

For it is now genberal knowledge that you are a sad little no-talent
liar.

And CAN'T (not 'won't') prove otherwise.