Nikon Coolpix S500

Old April 15th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
GMan

Default Nikon Coolpix S500

I picked up one of these new Nikon P & S cameras about three weeks ago.
Purchased online for $239.00/US. Although I've only snapped about 300 shots
so far, I have a good opinion of it, but have many more photos to shoot in
testing all of it's features. This is the 7.1 MegaPixel model that has the
optical VR (Vibration Reduction) and shoots up to ISO 2000. Very small size
(smaller than a pack of cigarettes, and only about 4oz. in weight. I am a
complete amateur regarding photography and this camera is producing photos
that make me feel like a Pro. The portraits are incredible. Very easy to
use.

Just wondering if anyone else has one & if so, what do you think? Love it?
Hate it?

Here's Nikon's web page for this camera.
http://nikonimaging.com/global/produ...s500/index.htm

Old April 16th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David J Taylor[_2_]

GMan wrote:
I picked up one of these new Nikon P & S cameras about three weeks
ago. Purchased online for $239.00/US. Although I've only snapped
about 300 shots so far, I have a good opinion of it, but have many
more photos to shoot in testing all of it's features. This is the
7.1 MegaPixel model that has the optical VR (Vibration Reduction) and
shoots up to ISO 2000. Very small size (smaller than a pack of
cigarettes, and only about 4oz. in weight. I am a complete amateur
regarding photography and this camera is producing photos that make
me feel like a Pro. The portraits are incredible. Very easy to use.

Just wondering if anyone else has one & if so, what do you think? Love
it? Hate it?

Here's Nikon's web page for this camera.
http://nikonimaging.com/global/produ...s500/index.htm

Looks good - I wanted a wider-angle lens though and went for the (probably
inferior) Ricoh R5:

http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh..._r5_review.htm

Cheers,
David

Old April 16th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
[email protected]

Thanks GMan!

I am looking forward to buy this camera but i didn't find any user
opinions or actual reviews.
Good to hear that this could be good camera. I'll probably get this
camera later in this month.

Thanks.

Old May 28th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
AAvK

Thanks GMan!

I am looking forward to buy this camera but i didn't find any user
opinions or actual reviews.
Good to hear that this could be good camera. I'll probably get this
camera later in this month.

Thanks.

I don't like that the only file type it creates JPeG, I would rather have a Panasonic
DMC-LX2, it's got it all, raw file type and lens shift, but no hot shoe (which can
always be remedied with a slave flash or a slave on a flash foot).

AAvK