Question about Sony Ericsson K800i

Old September 7th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Jim

Default Question about Sony Ericsson K800i

I have recently purchased one of these beautiful phones, and I am
very pleased with it, I can't knock it at all, would have to be the
best phone that I have had.
I just have a question about the cosmetics of the phone, if anyone
has one, can you let me know does your screen sit about 1mm above the
phone's casing itself? I am probably fussing over nothing, but I
thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Old September 7th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Robert Klemme

On 07.09.2006 01:16, Jim wrote:
I have recently purchased one of these beautiful phones, and I am
very pleased with it, I can't knock it at all, would have to be the
best phone that I have had.
I just have a question about the cosmetics of the phone, if anyone
has one, can you let me know does your screen sit about 1mm above the
phone's casing itself? I am probably fussing over nothing, but I
thought I would ask.

Can't answer your question but since I considered buying that beast as
well I'd love to see a hands on review of it (especially the camera of
course). If you like and have the time I'd appreciate it to read a bit
more about the K800i once you have used it. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

robert

PS: Can't you just compare it in a shop with a different piece?
Old September 8th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Jim

Well, I say you won't be sorry if you bought one, I am still getting
excited by this phone, the camera itself, 3.2MegaPixel, the pictures
are clear, even the video quality is excellent for a phone. I can take
pictures inside a room that I can't see myself it's that dark and I am
not pulling your leg, the photos come out like if it was broad
daylight. That's how good the xeon flash is, like the phone doesn't
LEDs for a flash, it uses a proper camera flash. I haven't played
much with the zooming, but the phone comes with a video editor, like
Windows Movie Maker, you can add pictures/photos to it, text, stuff
like that to make your own slide shows or movie captions. SMS is easy,
I like the Sony's T9 prediction as this is the first Sony Ericsson
phone I have owned I wished I had bought Sony Phones before. The
number pad, yeah, I think it's cool and elegant, but you do tend to
fumble the keys a bit, the joystick is good, but sometimes when you
press the joystick you tend to move the joystick up or down instead,
but I put that down to user error, but I still give this phone 10/10,
like it even has style, smooth velvet touching to the case. I say you
won't have any regrets rather then be down a few $$$ if you ever
purchased one, I say go for it. You can use MP3 as ring tones or
message tones. FM Radio, all those bells and whistles.
Screen itself is clear, the fonts are clear to read, the screen has
the "shiny" effect like the new laptops have these days, the screen is
a pleasure to view.
You can send your photos to blogger.com to view or for other people
to view, only thing is that the phone resizes them so they aren't their
full quality, but if you took the photos straight off your memory card
to PC you will have full quality.
Only downside so far, I have to say is the sliding cover on the back
of the phone that covers the camera lens. Umm, it's a bit loose, but it
as no signs of yet of sliding down by itself. That's another thing,
the key pad can be locked, but you slide the lens cover down and the
phone still goes to camera mode. I haven't tested the red eye
reduction on it, but I am sure being a Sony Cybershot camera it will
work as normal.
I will say, if you can afford this phone, go ahead and knock yourself
out, I am still finding exciting features day by day as I use it.

Kind Regards,
Jim

Old September 8th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Robert Klemme

On 08.09.2006 01:34, Jim wrote:
like it even has style, smooth velvet touching to the case. I say you

Other people I talked to complained that Sony phones were a bit rickety,
kind of feeling fragile.

won't have any regrets rather then be down a few $$$ if you ever
purchased one, I say go for it. You can use MP3 as ring tones or
message tones. FM Radio, all those bells and whistles.

Yeah, FM Radio, MP3 player and organizer are the things I'd probably be
using most beside of the cam.

Jim, thanks for the elaborate review! Do you have pictures online yet
to look at?

Kind regards

robert