Best Print films for Autumn leaves

Old October 2nd 03, 05:09 PM
Stuart Droker

Default Best Print films for Autumn leaves

Kodak Gold 100 is good, but Agfa Ultra is better. You want a film that will
capture and enhance the colors. Don't be too disappointed with your
results. You can never get the "feeling" and "smell" of the Autumn Fall.

Old October 2nd 03, 07:38 PM
Robert Vervoordt

On 02 Oct 2003 16:09:43 GMT, "Stuart Droker"
wrote:

Kodak Gold 100 is good, but Agfa Ultra is better. You want a film that will
capture and enhance the colors. Don't be too disappointed with your
results. You can never get the "feeling" and "smell" of the Autumn Fall.

Well, Agfa would be up there for me, as I got hip to its terrific
color in its HDC incarnation. The nice thing about Agfa is that you
can get it as cheap Polaroid 4 packs. I think it is availoable as
Walgreen's color film. Granted, this will not be the Agfa Ultra, but
will still be in the upper ranks as far as color intensity is
concerned. The filter referred to below will push even mediocre films
into the ranks of the ZAP color champs.

Yet, there's something to be said for Fuji Velvia, ... Oops! that's
a slide film.

Any film will give you surprising results if you overexpose slightly
and also if you use a color enhancing filter. Singh-Ray was one of
the first to make these available along with really effective
fluorescent filters and some for the high intensity industrial lights.
Last year I bought one for my DV camcorder. It was made by Tiffen, so
they should be availble in a lot of better camera stores.

Now, an alternate approach would be to use a realistic color film and
lower the contrast a bit. Get the right subject and you should be
garnering a prize somewhere.

Robert Vervoordt, MFA
Old October 3rd 03, 03:29 AM
Michael Scarpitti

"Stuart Droker" wrote in message ...
Kodak Gold 100 is good, but Agfa Ultra is better. You want a film that will
capture and enhance the colors. Don't be too disappointed with your
results. You can never get the "feeling" and "smell" of the Autumn Fall.

Slide film, Kodachrome preferably. Print films differ far less than
the processing does, and with all that red and orange in the negs, the
labs' automated equipment will tend to over-correct anyway, giving you
cyanish-bluish prints.