consumer HP instant ink print

Old June 30th 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

Default consumer HP instant ink print

was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...Suggested=true

--
dale - http://www.dalekelly.org
Old June 30th 17, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 30, 2017, dale wrote
(in article ):

was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...8369377?query=
8369377&isSuggested=true

I can’t speak for that HP printer, but I imagine it uses something similar
to the Polaroid system, or the newer Fujifilm Instax printers.
https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/08/fujifilm-instax-sp-2-review/

Savageduck

Old June 30th 17, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 30, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 30, 2017, dale wrote
(in article ):

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...r/8369377?quer
y=
8369377&isSuggested=true

I can’t speak for that HP printer, but I imagine it uses something similar
to the Polaroid system, or the newer Fujifilm Instax printers.
https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/08/fujifilm-instax-sp-2-review/

....and;
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_instax_share_sp_2_review/

Savageduck

Old June 30th 17, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 6/30/17 6:15 PM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Thanks,

of what I gather on the Instax

Approximate pringting capacity
Approx. 100 prints (Based on our test conditions)
*Varies depending on the conditions of use.

the HSN show didn't say there was a limited capacity for the HP

I don't know much about Polaroid Instant, always assumed some sort of dye

Is the Instax a thermal dye sub tech?

the show says the HP paper has inks

--
dale - http://www.dalekelly.org
Old July 1st 17, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray carter

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:44:43 -0400, dale wrote:

was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...inter/8369377?

query=8369377&isSuggested=true

A brief look at the user guide from the HP site indicates it is a thermal
printer. It says you use the 10 sheets in the pack then insert a new pack
and it has a throw away page the cleans and calibrates (still 10 useable
pages).
Old July 1st 17, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 6/30/17 9:10 PM, ray carter wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:44:43 -0400, dale wrote:

was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...inter/8369377?

query=8369377&isSuggested=true

A brief look at the user guide from the HP site indicates it is a thermal
printer. It says you use the 10 sheets in the pack then insert a new pack
and it has a throw away page the cleans and calibrates (still 10 useable
pages).

the show said the colorant (ink) is in the paper, wonder what the throw
away page is and what the overall mechanism involved is

--
dale - http://www.dalekelly.org
Old July 1st 17, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:44:43 -0400, dale wrote:

was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...Suggested=true

$130 to start, and 50 cents per 2x3 inch print.

Absolutely for people with more money than sense.

Old July 1st 17, 01:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Whiskers

On 2017-06-30, dale wrote:
was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...Suggested=true

It uses 'Zink (R)' like the Polaroid 'Snap' cameras
https://nerdtechy.com/hp-sprocket-review

Zink uses an entirely new type of technology. The pigments are already
located in the paper, although they are invisible to the human eye.
They are each activated at a different temperature. The Zink printer
uses a special print head that accurately heats up different parts of
the paper to produce the desired look.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old July 1st 17, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2017-06-30, dale wrote:
was just watching HSN2 Electronics Shopping

I saw this printer before, 2x3 inch prints off of a blue tooth printer
smaller than a smart phone

but this was the first time I heard the ink is in the paper and it never
requires ink

does anyone know the activation process?

does the printer's activation process wear out?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-spro...Suggested=true

It uses 'Zink (R)' like the Polaroid 'Snap' cameras
https://nerdtechy.com/hp-sprocket-review

Zink uses an entirely new type of technology. The pigments are already
located in the paper, although they are invisible to the human eye.
They are each activated at a different temperature. The Zink printer
uses a special print head that accurately heats up different parts of
the paper to produce the desired look.

Thanks Much !!!

--
dale - http://www.dalekelly.org
Old July 1st 17, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

:

$130 to start, and 50 cents per 2x3 inch print.

Absolutely for people with more money than sense.

And for those who, for whatever reason, need a small print on-the-spot.

Who appointed you Arbiter of All Things?

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm