Dilemma. My pictures are too good.

Old May 20th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

Default Dilemma. My pictures are too good.

Dilemma

My pictures are too good. I've got a digital camera that can shoot in rapid
sequence.
I'm using VR zoom lenses of high quality and autofocus instantly. I can now
compose
in the viewfinder, zoom to fill the frame and rip off 2,3, 10 images in
seconds. Hard
not to get a good well composed, well exposed, well framed image.
That's the dilemma. I finally got the "ultimate" technique down pat thanks
to the new
technologies.
I can't print that well cropped image because the proportions of the Digital
image is
2:3 but I can't readily print it without being forced to crop and lose part
of the
image because Photo Paper is proportioned 4:5.

Until recently because of the Camera/Lens limitations we tended to shoot and
include
much more of the subject knowing we would crop later. We had to because we
simply couldn't
compose accurately enough fast enough. Now that you can achieve in camera
cropping with
frequent success we are able to make use of all the pixels we see leading to
a better
sharper overall image. Now we need to make use of Photo Paper to match our
image media
which cries out for a 8 x 12 Photo Paper size. Epson or HP do not produce
Photo Paper
with 2:3 ratio yet (except for their 4x6 size).
This will happen when customers ask for it.
Believe it or not there are anti-8 x 12 Photo Paper posters out there too.

Old May 20th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

There are no rules,,,,,, Rules were made to be broken. You'll figure
out a way to print that full frame.

Good Luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Slats1

Old May 20th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Frank Arthur wrote:

Dilemma

My pictures are too good. I've got a digital camera that can shoot in
rapid sequence.

Please tell me you aren't considering DX lenses "good" are you? If so,
you've got a lot to learn.

I learned that you are a troll.

Old May 21st 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Gerald Place

Why not use a professional lab to do your printing photographically, then
the problem is solved.

Gerald

Old May 21st 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
tomm42

On May 20, 6:13 pm, "Frank Arthur" wrote:
[...]

Yes, if you print 8x10 you have to crop, just the way it is, but you
can print at approx 7.4x 10.5 on 8.5x11 paper and it will give you a
full frame, or use 11x17 paper for 8x12, yes a 10x14 sheet would be
better but for some reason inkjets are locked into traditional paper
printing sizes.
Rita is opinionated, but there is generally some truth in her(?)
posts.

Tom

Old May 21st 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Frank Arthur wrote:

I can't print that well cropped image because the proportions of the

Digital
image is
2:3 but I can't readily print it without being forced to crop and

lose part
of the
image because Photo Paper is proportioned 4:5.

You're becoming very boring on this issue. Go to a lab. They will
print your photos on standard_ 8x12" paper.

Or for that matter pretty much any size you desire.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 21st 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"M-M" wrote in message
"Frank Arthur" wrote:

I can't readily print it without being forced to crop and lose part
of the
image because Photo Paper is proportioned 4:5.

Sheesh. Crop the paper to 7x10.5

--
m-m

And "sheesh" put it in a 7 x 10.5 frame? You find them everywhe-

Old May 21st 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"tomm42" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Sure she is? Anyone who writes DX lenses are poor quality is plain wrong in
many respects.
Tom

Old May 21st 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

Frank Arthur wrote:

Dilemma

My pictures are too good. I've got a digital camera that can shoot in
rapid sequence.

Please tell me you aren't considering DX lenses "good" are you? If so,
you've got a lot to learn.

And you believe these Nikkor lenses are "no good"
DX Nikkor Lenses for DX Format Digital SLRs
10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor
18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor - NEW!
18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor
17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor - NEW!

Rita