Apple holds Spotify users to ransom

Old July 2nd 16, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Apple holds Spotify users to ransom

In article ,
RichA wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...pple-of-blocki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.
Old July 2nd 16, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/1/2016 10:02 PM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...pple-of-blocki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some music
DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

--
PeterN
Old July 2nd 16, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...s-apple-of-blo
cki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some music
DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

it's one of several music streaming services.

spotify has been trying to get around the app store rules long before
there was an apple music service.

apple's response:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/johnpaczkow...t-spotify-for-
asking-for-preferential-trea
³Our guidelines apply equally to all app developers, whether they are
game developers, e-book sellers, video-streaming services or digital
music distributors; and regardless of whether or not they compete
against Apple. We did not alter our behavior or our rules when we
introduced our own music streaming service or when Spotify became a
competitor,² Sewell explains. ³Ironically, it is now Spotify that
wants things to be different by asking for preferential treatment
from Apple.²
Old July 2nd 16, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

Slimy Apple has to cream-off their 3-4% fee (for doing nothing) so they
force people to use their payment service.

if you're going to slam apple, at least get the facts right.
Old July 2nd 16, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-02 04:30:13 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

RichA wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...pple-of-blocki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some music
DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

Music service? I thought Spotify was an acne medicine.

Naah! "Spotify" is a Shakespearean exclamation aimed at a dalmatian.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 16, 06:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

RichA wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...pple-of-blocki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some music
DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

Music service? I thought Spotify was an acne medicine.

Naah! "Spotify" is a Shakespearean exclamation aimed at a dalmatian.

Not a new Photoshop tool to remove dust spots from PeterN's sky?

That is the basis for the next "Mission Impossible" movie.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 16, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

nospam:
In article
,

RichA:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...accuses-apple-

of-blocki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

nospam:
spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

PeterN:
In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some
music DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

Music service? I thought Spotify was an acne medicine.

Is this some contest to determine the oldest fart in rpd? :-D

--
Sandman
Old July 2nd 16, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/1/16 10:21 PM, in article
, "Rich A"

RichA wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...s-apple-of-blo
cki
ng-app-and-using-store-as-weapon-to-harm-competitors

spotify has been trying to circumvent the rules for years.

In Starbucks I see promotions for Spotify. I thought it was some music
DL service, but I really don't know what it is.

--
PeterN

Slimy Apple has to cream-off their 3-4% fee (for doing nothing) so they force
people to use their payment service.

YEAH! And you are just SO ****ED that you sold all your APPL shares that
your Mama left you. You should have listened to Lieutenant Dan!

Old July 2nd 16, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Tony Cooper:
Music service? I thought Spotify was an acne medicine.

Bzzzzt! I once bought a Dalmatian puppy. They're born without spots.
The vet said that if I wanted to register the dog with the AKC I would
have to apply Spotify® for two weeks to bring out the spots.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old July 2nd 16, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/1/2016 10:42 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I have only one streaming music service, Sirius, and it
satisfies my needs. Plus it is free because I have the full subscription
in my car.
I know there are other free streaming music services out there, but this
is working for me, as long as they stay in business.

--
PeterN