Bad photo? Just call it "Fine Art"

Old May 4th 16, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Bad photo? Just call it "Fine Art"

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ‏@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C
Old May 4th 16, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 05/04/2016 06:03 PM, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ‏@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

I'm not sure if "genius" is the right word, but he's a marketing something.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.” P. T. Barnum’s rival David Hannum
--
Ken Hart

Old May 4th 16, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-04 22:03:22 +0000, Ron C said:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ‏@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

He is probably of the same "genus" as PeterN.

As for marketing of this stuff thank fineartamerica.com
As far as the 'fine art' classification goes, that is as always in the
eye of the beholder.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 16, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-04 23:22:41 +0000, "MC" said:

Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ‏@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...-poets-eye.htm
l … @fineartamerica ~~ For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my
dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

Only if there has been any sales.

Yup!

This is just another example of the pretentious clap trap of puting a
financial value on something in order to justify it as art.

Yup!

Seeing something as art is a very individual and personal thing and
just because someone else has led you to believe it is art does not
mean it is art.

Yup!

I dare say there are an awful lot of mugs around the world crap hanging
on their walls.

Especially if it is the nauseatingly over-the-top, and mass produced
kitsch of Thomas Kinkade

Savageduck

Old May 5th 16, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 4 May 2016 18:03:22 -0400, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ?@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
@fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

Well you know it's fine art when the "artist" offers it on a throw
pillow, or a shower curtain.
Old May 5th 16, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 05/04/2016 05:25 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 05/04/2016 06:03 PM, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ‏@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

I'm not sure if "genius" is the right word, but he's a marketing something.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.” P. T. Barnum’s rival David Hannum

I kind of agree, but there are some people who buy photos just for wall
decoration such as in an office building.

I would not call it art...

perhaps decor is the word?
Old May 5th 16, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Ken Hart wrote:

On 05/04/2016 06:03 PM, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ?@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

I'm not sure if "genius" is the right word, but he's a marketing something.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.” P. T. Barnum’s rival David Hannum

You bound to get something cute sooner or later if you make handheld
nightshots like that.

Get Ya cam and mount a 200mm and set it on 1/2s and you'r goolden...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 5th 16, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 05 May 2016 05:54:54 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Ken Hart wrote:

[...]

You have to admit the photo is unique. It could be impossible to
exactly duplicate that camera shake.
Old May 5th 16, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Ken Hart wrote:

On 05/04/2016 06:03 PM, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ?@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
… @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

I'm not sure if "genius" is the right word, but he's a marketing something.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.â€? P. T. Barnum’s rival David Hannum

You bound to get something cute sooner or later if you make handheld
nightshots like that.

Get Ya cam and mount a 200mm and set it on 1/2s and you'r goolden...

You have to admit the photo is unique. It could be impossible to
exactly duplicate that camera shake.

....and that makes it an accident, not a work of art.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 16, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Ken Hart wrote:

On 05/04/2016 06:03 PM, Ron C wrote:

Saw this photo for sale on twitter and just had to post
here for comments.
~~
Marcus Dagan ?@marcusdagan 1h1 hour ago

New artwork for sale! - "Philadelphia Abstract" -
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/p...poets-eye.html
‰?› @fineartamerica
~~
For those not doing twitter I put a copy in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1po3on0jio...Art-1.jpg?dl=0
~~
I don't know ...is this guy a marketing genus?

==
Later...
Ron C

I'm not sure if "genius" is the right word, but he's a marketing
something.

‰?œThere‰?™s a sucker born every minute.‰?? P. T. Barnum‰?™s rival David
Hannum

You bound to get something cute sooner or later if you make handheld
nightshots like that.

Get Ya cam and mount a 200mm and set it on 1/2s and you'r goolden...

You have to admit the photo is unique. It could be impossible to
exactly duplicate that camera shake.

...and that makes it an accident, not a work of art.

Artident...
--
teleportation kills