Shooting Fireworks - Photography tips for Holiday

Old December 2nd 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
arunsasi

Default Shooting Fireworks - Photography tips for Holiday

I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
of fireworks.

http://explorersoflight.blogspot.com...-tips-for.html
Old December 2nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
arunsasi

On Dec 2, 3:09 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:06:45 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi

wrote:
I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
of fireworks.

http://explorersoflight.b

Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?

Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
Pro Gallery

my site.. my keywords, i dont understand who has a problem with it
Old December 2nd 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article 2518dd1d-128d-4981-adba-324bf1850d01
@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com, arunsasi says...
I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
of fireworks.

http://explorersoflight.blogspot.com...-tips-for.html

Additional advice: use a camera with live preview on an LCD screen. This
way you can frame easily without having to bend to look through a
viewfinder.

Also, the best shots usually are at the beginning of the fireworks show,
because after some time the sky fills with the smoke of the fireworks.

You didn't mention how to set the exposure. Just choosing F8 or F11 and
exposing for the duration of the firework might lead to under- or
overexposed shots.
--

Alfred Molon
Old December 3rd 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ender

I rarely join in discussions because of all the people who find it
necessary to criticize the most inane little things, however, I must say
that I find your tips very helpful and your examples suburb, nice work.

Old December 3rd 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Krypto

wrote:

I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
of fireworks.

http://explorersoflight.b

Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?

Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
Pro Gallery

......And your problem is?
Old December 3rd 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Alfred Molon wrote:

You didn't mention how to set the exposure. Just choosing F8 or F11 and
exposing for the duration of the firework might lead to under- or
overexposed shots.

He did mention using a low ISO, like 100. That's the
trick to using "bulb" for shutter, because essentially
the shutter is open for the entire time any particular
display exists. Exposure is controlled by the ISO and
aperture.

Using f/16 or f/22 probably would soften the image a
little because diffusion is more of a problem as the
aperture is stopped down. But f/16, for example, with a
good lense might be better than having a slight over
exposure too.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)