Online Photo Album

Old October 14th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ali[_3_]

Default Online Photo Album

I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

Old October 14th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Ali wrote:
I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
photo sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
photo itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

Make the "original size" to be that.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 14th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ray

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:

I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

Create your own web site - then you can do what you want. There is
software which will resize your photos how you want them.

Old October 15th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gautam Majumdar

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:

I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
photo sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
photo itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

Photobucket allows larger size. Clicking on the thumbnail brings the image
up in the maximum size.

--
gautam
Old October 15th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, "Ali" wrote in
:

I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

MyPhotoAlbum.com

--
Best regards,
John Navas http:/navasgroup.com
Old October 15th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pat

On Oct 14, 2:22 pm, "Ali" wrote:
I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at photo
sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in a
standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual photo
itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

PS Elements has a macro that will allow you to create a web page that
is very similar to what you described.

If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something like
Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty easy and
it's free.

Otherwise, you could install something like Gallery on your website.
That'll do pretty much what you want and it's pretty easy to use. See
if you host provides it. If not, I think you can get it off of
sourceforge.net.

Of the option, PSE is the most "autopilot". Red Dwarf is the most
flexible and most time consuming. Gallery is the easiest but is still
quite powerful and flexible.

Old October 15th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
H.S.

Gautam Majumdar wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:22:33 +0100, Ali wrote:

I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
photo sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
photo itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

Photobucket allows larger size. Clicking on the thumbnail brings the image
up in the maximum size.

What about flickr.com?

-HS
Old October 15th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ali[_3_]

Cheers John.

I was going by the PBase FAQ section and thought it was limited to 800
pixels per a side.

. ..

Old October 16th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Ferguson

Ali wrote:
I am looking to put some photos on the net, so have been looking at
photo sharing sites like PBase.com.

Out of the ones I have looked at, I like PBase the most, but I want the
large version of each photo to be more than 800 pixels per side (in fact
more like 1280 pixels). I would also like the large version to open in
a standalone page (so basically all that is on the page is the actual
photo itself).

Any suggestions, apart from creating my own website?

I've been using sharpcast.com. Downloading from it and the slideshows
it does are more like your 1280 pixels. And, it's free!
Old October 22nd 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
NickC

Pat wrote on 16 Oct 2007:

If you don't have a lot of pictures, you could go with something
like Red Dwarf and do it all by hand. It is WYSIWYG, it's pretty
easy and it's free.

Red Dwarf or Web Dwarf? I can't find red dwarf by googling, although
it's swamped by links to the BBC cult tv show (which, nicely, is
having a rerun here). The only similar thing I could find was a web
site creator called web dwarf.

Thanks,

--
Nick