We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old May 1st 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
9 Trillion Dollar Republican National Debt

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

On Apr 30, 6:36 pm, Gunner wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 11:53:48 -0700, 9 Trillion Dollar Republican National

Debt wrote:

Yes you have inferiority issues, no question about that, you very
obviously need a gun to make yourself feel important the way you brag
about it.

= So you need fire extingushers and seat belts to make yourself feel
= important? Smoke detectors make you Big Man on the Block eh?

No that would no doubt all be you as well, you really do have some
twisted thought processes.

= Classic transference. Textbook example. I wonder..perhaps a shrink
can
= get a grant to study you?

Perhaps you can shoot your self in the head, that would be much more
valuable a contribution to us all, please, go have a gun cleaning
accident soon..

= And lets not forget that big big watch....snicker....

or assholes that (like you) laugh at their own jokes because no one
else ever does..

= Well..****wits and psychopaths such as yourself dont. Im sure a
number
= of readers are chuckling as they read your posts and my responses.

Yes I am sure they are, at what an asshole you are, how funny I am,
and how one dimensional and bewildered you look attempting to debate
me with your repetitive, obnoxious, spew.

= Laugh laugh laugh

yes, we all know you are insane and that you laugh aloud to yourself
and at your own jokes, but you did that one already.. now do the one
where you splatter your sickly brains on the wall with a hollow point,
that would be much more amusing.

= Gunner ---- stupid disoriented asshole that posts gun control posts
in the rec.photo.digital thread.

= rec.photo.digital trimmed by request

Old May 1st 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
9 Trillion Dollar Republican National Debt

On Apr 30, 7:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 29, 3:55 am, Bushzilla wrote:

On Apr 28, 11:44 am, Bill Funk wrote:

On 26 Apr 2007 21:25:02 -0700, Bushzilla wrote:

= It is hard for you to understand that all the bans and legislation
in the
= world will not keep guns out of the hands of those that wish to do
harm with
= them?

Honu

Yes it is hard, because less guns in the wrong hands means less dead
people, absolutely, and to make that happen we need to give the men in
blue and the courts a bigger stick to beat the possessors of illegal
weapons with, and that is done through tougher legislation. Stricter
laws for who can own a gun help too. If someone is deemed 'mentally
unstable' where for example "a Virginia judge in December 2005 deemed
Cho "an imminent danger to himself because of mental illness" and
ordered outpatient treatment for him, according to court documents.."
is this someone we should allow to walk right into a gun stiore and
arm themselves? no, of course not. It take just a few smart and needed
changes in the gun laws though to prevent the Cho's of the world from
such an easy purchase.

= Tougher laws have never worked in this regard, and the social
= consequences are very bad.
= For an example, look at our War on Drugs.

Then whatever laws you are referring too were not tough enough, they
need to be tougher, particularly in carrying long jail sentences. It's
kind of hard to buy illegal weapons or any weapons of any kind for
that matter and shoot up a bunch of people when you are sitting in
jail.

= We're already handing out MULTIPLE life senetnces... even though
most
= of us are issued only one life.

= What do you think of multiple death sentences? Tougher?

I'm agreeable to death sentences, the death penalty is needed in my
opinion, whatever else it takes too though. I am tired of seeing
innocent people that are productive, valuable and intelligent members
of our society cut down in the prime of their lives like what happened
at VT because the current system failed them.

Old May 1st 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Gunner wrote:
On 29 Apr 2007 23:37:18 -0700, 9 Trillion Dollar Republican National
Debt wrote:

On Apr 29, 1:54 pm, Gunner wrote:
On 29 Apr 2007 04:41:32 -0700, 9 Trillion Dollar Republican National

Debt wrote:
On Apr 29, 6:56 am, Gunner wrote:
On 28 Apr 2007 23:55:06 -0700, Bushzilla wrote:

= Tougher laws have never worked in this regard, and the social
= consequences are very bad.
= For an example, look at our War on Drugs.

Then whatever laws you are referring too were not tough enough, they
need to be tougher, particularly in carrying long jail sentences. It's
kind of hard to buy illegal weapons or any weapons of any kind for
that matter and shoot up a bunch of people when you are sitting in
jail.

= We did increase the penalties for drugs. In fact..3 Strikes is
involved
= and drug crimes continue unabated.

only a stupid ass like you would think when you pass new laws suddenly
no one will ever commit a crime ever again.

= So why do you keep saying new laws will solve things?

Because you are so glaringly retarded and everything must be repeated
to you a dozen times before you comprehend it, I will state once again
that, we will never stop all shootings as you ignorantly suggested,
but we certainly could be doing more to curb the violence and reduce
the number of incidents, stiffer penalties, especially longer jail
sentences will certainly achieve that goal. Do you understand the
point yet, moron?

Oh I certainly see the fantasy world you live in, but it has little
relationship to the real world.

Firearms are used to kill two out of every three homicide victims
in America.. In the first nationally representative study to
examine the relationship between survey measures of household
firearm ownership and state level rates of homicide, researchers
at the Harvard Injury Control Research Center found that homicide
rates among children, and among women and men of all ages, are
higher in states where more households have guns. The study
appears in the February 2007 issue of Social Science and Medicine.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111181527.htm

--
Ray Fischer

Old May 1st 07, 06:21 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Gunner

On 30 Apr 2007 17:11:40 -0700, 9 Trillion Dollar Republican National
Debt wrote:

Then whatever laws you are referring too were not tough enough, they
need to be tougher, particularly in carrying long jail sentences. It's
kind of hard to buy illegal weapons or any weapons of any kind for
that matter and shoot up a bunch of people when you are sitting in
jail.

= We're already handing out MULTIPLE life senetnces... even though
most
= of us are issued only one life.

= What do you think of multiple death sentences? Tougher?

I'm agreeable to death sentences, the death penalty is needed in my
opinion, whatever else it takes too though. I am tired of seeing
innocent people that are productive, valuable and intelligent members
of our society cut down in the prime of their lives like what happened
at VT because the current system failed them.

Yet you insist in keeping those people helpless and under the thumb of
the current system.

Fascinating.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)
(Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Old May 1st 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Gunner

On 30 Apr 2007 17:07:20 -0700, 9 Trillion Dollar Republican National
Debt wrote:

= And lets not forget that big big watch....snicker....

or assholes that (like you) laugh at their own jokes because no one
else ever does..

= Well..****wits and psychopaths such as yourself dont. Im sure a
number
= of readers are chuckling as they read your posts and my responses.

Yes I am sure they are, at what an asshole you are, how funny I am,
and how one dimensional and bewildered you look attempting to debate
me with your repetitive, obnoxious, spew.

Based on the time frame of this post and the one in which you said you
had better things to do..you have just shown yourself to be a liar as
well.

Tsk tsk tsk...

No wonder nobody believes anything you post.

Snicker

Old May 1st 07, 09:18 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Gunner

On 01 May 2007 05:06:42 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

Oh I certainly see the fantasy world you live in, but it has little
relationship to the real world.

Firearms are used to kill two out of every three homicide victims
in America.. In the first nationally representative study to
examine the relationship between survey measures of household
firearm ownership and state level rates of homicide, researchers
at the Harvard Injury Control Research Center found that homicide
rates among children, and among women and men of all ages, are
higher in states where more households have guns. The study
appears in the February 2007 issue of Social Science and Medicine.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111181527.htm

Yes. And?

Whats your point?

Ill bet car accidents are higher among those who own cars too.
Same with DUIs.

http://www.vdare.com/francis/gun_control.htm

"an independent CDC task force reviewed 51 published studies about the
effectiveness of eight types of gun-control laws. The laws included bans
on specific firearms or ammunition, measures barring felons from buying
guns, and mandatory waiting periods and firearm registration. None of
the studies was done by the federal government. In every case, a CDC
task force found 'insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness.'"

Are you going to now point out that people who go into the water are
more likely to die by drowning than those who stay out of the water?

Old May 1st 07, 03:11 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Gunner wrote:
On 01 May 2007 05:06:42 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

Oh I certainly see the fantasy world you live in, but it has little
relationship to the real world.

Firearms are used to kill two out of every three homicide victims
in America.. In the first nationally representative study to
examine the relationship between survey measures of household
firearm ownership and state level rates of homicide, researchers
at the Harvard Injury Control Research Center found that homicide
rates among children, and among women and men of all ages, are
higher in states where more households have guns. The study
appears in the February 2007 issue of Social Science and Medicine.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111181527.htm

Yes. And?

Whats your point?

Obvious. Guns do not make people safer. The opposite is true.

Ill bet car accidents are higher among those who own cars too.
Same with DUIs.

No, cultist, not just among people who own guns. In states where
people have more guns there are more homicides overall.

Guns kill people. More guns cause more people to be killed.

http://www.vdare.com/francis/gun_control.htm

"an independent CDC task force reviewed 51 published studies about the
effectiveness of eight types of gun-control laws. The laws included bans
on specific firearms or ammunition, measures barring felons from buying
guns, and mandatory waiting periods and firearm registration. None of
the studies was done by the federal government. In every case, a CDC
task force found 'insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness.'"

Well, now we have the evidence. I cited it above.

--
Ray Fischer

Old May 1st 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Gunner

On 01 May 2007 14:11:40 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On 01 May 2007 05:06:42 GMT,
(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Oh I certainly see the fantasy world you live in, but it has little
relationship to the real world.

Firearms are used to kill two out of every three homicide victims
in America.. In the first nationally representative study to
examine the relationship between survey measures of household
firearm ownership and state level rates of homicide, researchers
at the Harvard Injury Control Research Center found that homicide
rates among children, and among women and men of all ages, are
higher in states where more households have guns. The study
appears in the February 2007 issue of Social Science and Medicine.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111181527.htm

Yes. And?

Whats your point?

Obvious. Guns do not make people safer. The opposite is true.

False.

Ill bet car accidents are higher among those who own cars too.
Same with DUIs.

No, cultist, not just among people who own guns. In states where
people have more guns there are more homicides overall.

Actually not true again. District of Columbia is the first example that
blows your case out of the water..though its not a "state" Murder
capital of the US..with a complete gun ban.

Guns kill people. More guns cause more people to be killed.

Really..the gun grabbed Cho by the hand and dragged him along so they
could shoot people?

Fascinating!

http://www.vdare.com/francis/gun_control.htm

"an independent CDC task force reviewed 51 published studies about the
effectiveness of eight types of gun-control laws. The laws included bans
on specific firearms or ammunition, measures barring felons from buying
guns, and mandatory waiting periods and firearm registration. None of
the studies was done by the federal government. In every case, a CDC
task force found 'insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness.'"

Well, now we have the evidence. I cited it above.

No. Again you presented your interpretation of data sets. And its both
evident and provable that your interpretation was fatally flawed.

You obviously dont use reason logic or rational thought on this subject.
I hope you do better in other endevores.

Old May 1st 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
nick c

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Apr 28, 12:07 pm, Bill Funk wrote:
On 27 Apr 2007 18:59:59 -0700, Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:49 pm, strabo wrote:
Education_Is_Important wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:33:30 -0600, Notan
notan@ddressthatcanbespammed wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Apr 18, 11:17 pm, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
snipped
A ban on weapons isn't the way to go - because there is NO WAY to
enforce such a ban. Increasing the number of LAWS won't really work
either - because the one's we've already got aren't being enforced
either. Basically, we're looking at a Catch-22 = can't win for losing
and can't lose for winning!
You have reached the first level of enlightenment.
A ban on weapons isn't the way to go - because there is NO WAY to
enforce such a ban. Increasing the number of LAWS won't really work
either - because the one's we've already got aren't being enforced
either. Basically, we're looking at a Catch-22 = can't win for losing
and can't lose for winning!
This is not what I agreed to.
An enforcement of the existing laws would reduce the number of guns legally
sold.

I fixed it for you.

This enforcement is not happening and part of the blame falls upon the
gun community and the NRA for allowing it to occur.

I'm sure you can find cites for that - what I'm not so sure of is
their impartiality.
It's always easy and comfortable to blame those you don't like.
Instead, maybe you could look into *why* such laws are not enforced as
you think they should be.
Are you perhaps thinkig that the gun community and the NRA file amicus
briefs in all cases in which the accused used a gun?

Considering the number of gun deaths, too many guns are getting into
the wrong hands.

Considering he number of deaths caused by alcohol (pools, knives,
baseball bats, etc., etc.), too many of these things are getting into
the wrong hands.

I am recommending psych tests for ALL gun owners including those who
want to be first time owners.

And, one would presume, voters, drivers, chefs, pool owners, etc.?

Cho is an example of an existing gun owner who should have been tested
and those test results made available to the authorities.

Absolutely.
Isn't hindsight wonderful? Who else would you recommend such tests
for? Seriously? And why should your opinion on such matters be
seriously considered? What are your qualifications for making such
decisions?

It is reasonable to expect that some current gun owners will fail
their psych test and their guns would be confiscated.

It is also reasonable to expect that some drivers, if retested, would
fail their tests and their licenses be revoked.
Do you advocate retesting of all drivers?
Have you condsidered the consequences of your opinions should they be
put into action?

Too bad....
TMT

The View on Disney-owned ABC dropped Rosie
O'Donnell, even after she agreed to stop
talking about George Bush. The president
has no leverage over ABC. Disney is not a
defense contractor, unless you count the
war rationales we buy from Fantasyland.- Hide quoted text -

This enforcement is not happening and part of the blame falls upon the
gun community and the NRA for allowing it to occur.

I'm sure you can find cites for that - what I'm not so sure of is
their impartiality.
It's always easy and comfortable to blame those you don't like.
Instead, maybe you could look into *why* such laws are not enforced as
you think they should be.
Are you perhaps thinkig that the gun community and the NRA file amicus
briefs in all cases in which the accused used a gun?

I am a gun owner, a NRA member and an American citizen and I am saying
that the gun community that I am a member of and the NRA who I am a
member of is partially responsible for preventing the enforcement of
current gun laws.

I am a gun owner, a competition shooter, an American citizen, and a
long time member of the NRA. I also say you're nuts. Frankly, IF you
are a member of the NRA you would know the NRA has endorsed laws that
would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. However, the NRA will
not support gun laws that lead to confiscation or prohibit gun
ownership by law abiding citizens.

There must be thousands upon thousands of Federal, State, and local
guns laws that directly affect gun ownership. Against what gun laws
has the NRA taken action to prevent their enforcement?

It has been an old trick of anti-gunners to either claim they are NRA
members and speak out against the NRA or actually become members of
the NRA and speak out against the NRA. Which one category do you fall
under.

Considering the number of gun deaths, too many guns are getting into
the wrong hands.

Considering he number of deaths caused by alcohol (pools, knives,
baseball bats, etc., etc.), too many of these things are getting into
the wrong hands.

Please stay on subject...and quit making excuses for 32 more gun
deaths.

It is reasonable to expect that some current gun owners will fail
their psych test and their guns would be confiscated.

It is also reasonable to expect that some drivers, if retested, would
fail their tests and their licenses be revoked.
Do you advocate retesting of all drivers?
Have you condsidered the consequences of your opinions should they be
put into action?

Again trying to change the subject.

If you take an approved test and fail, you should not have access to
the product.

Would you fly on an airplane whose pilot flunked his pilot test for
insanity?

As a gun owner, NRA member and American citizen, I will be happy to be
the first to take the psych test....and you can be the next one after
me.

TMT

Old May 1st 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
AirRaid[_2_]

On Apr 18, 11:17 pm, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

YOU'RE A GUN-GRABBING GLOBALIST, OR GLOBALIST-SUPPORTING **** FROM
HELL!

SHUT THE **** UP!