Using Lithium Cells in Battery Grips

Old August 15th 05, 03:07 AM
Pat

The 20d turns off automatically to conserve battery power.
The BP-511 battery takes a lot of pictures before going dead.
You may not need two BP-511 batteries.
I would not use double A cells.

Old August 15th 05, 03:56 AM
Cockpit Colin

Why are you using AA's in the grip? Why not the two BP-511's it's
designed for? I've been using my grip for 6 months and don't even
bother to carry the AA adapter.

I only have the 1x BP-511 that came with the camera, but I use a lot of AA
rechargeables. My first thought was that being of similar voltage and
capacity they would also give me "mega" (as opposed to "micro")
performance - sadly, it seems that this isn't the case

Old August 15th 05, 02:33 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , John A.
Stovall wrote:

The two batteries in the grip give it better balance and longer life.

Why not use it the way it was designed?

I keep two batteries in my Big Ed and they go quite a ways before I
have to recharge.
Old August 15th 05, 03:37 PM
SMS

John A. Stovall wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:56:05 +1200, "Cockpit Colin"
wrote:

Why are you using AA's in the grip? Why not the two BP-511's it's
designed for? I've been using my grip for 6 months and don't even
bother to carry the AA adapter.

I only have the 1x BP-511 that came with the camera, but I use a lot of AA
rechargeables. My first thought was that being of similar voltage and
capacity they would also give me "mega" (as opposed to "micro")
performance - sadly, it seems that this isn't the case

You can get extra BP-511's at reasonable prices on the net.

http://sterlingtek.com/ln03-canon-bp-511-dlc511.html