did anyone try this: cheap point-n-shoot on the back of a large format beast?

Old August 14th 04, 03:59 AM
jjs

"Roland Karlsson" wrote in message
[... it's about Sweden ...]

The cost have been high for years
without any real problems, but now it is increasing rapidly.
Eventually it will increase until 100% tax is not enough
to finance it if nothing happens. There is a potential crisis
coming.

Yes, sir, I understand. Part of the problem is the expense of medical help.
Example: at one time if a person had a bad knee, the doctor said "You are
going to limp. I recommend a cane", but today hardly a case passes without
surgery. At my local hospital where they used to use a $4US scalpel, they
feel compelled to use a laser at a huge hit in expense. And it goes on and
on.

I hope things go well for you in Sweden.
Best,
jjs

Old August 14th 04, 04:03 AM
jjs

Default did anyone try this: cheap point-n-shoot on the back of a large format beast?

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message

I do live in the US and fortunatly I don't pay 75% in taxes. When all is

said
and done it's about half that. If kerry gets elected it's sure to go up.

Given how Bush has spent like a madman, if he wins, then even _his_
administration will likely have to raise taxes, or worse - cause crippling
unemployment and cutbacks. Be afraid. (I don't like Kerry one single bit,
but I dislike Bush more. It's a really distressing period.)

Old August 14th 04, 04:06 AM
jjs

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...

I like in the US and while it is probably not 75% it is much greater than
half that for me. Fed and State income is about 40%. Add taxes on the
house, sales tax on almost everything, big tax on gas.

Yep, that's about my story, too. I admit that I have a strange view of the
world. I don't really consider my salary all "mine" because I participate in
a sucessful community where I _know_ that a share of my earning _must_ go
towards supporting the future and present well-being of society. War against
some hopeless Middle-East country ain't part of that society.

Old August 14th 04, 04:13 AM
jjs

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message

My attitude towards welfare overlooks nothing. I do have to admit that I

don't
know what corporate welfare is though. I agree that the judicial system in

the
US is broken in in need of reform. With all the talk about the UN taking

the
lead in solving all the worlds problems [...]

You are an interesting guy, Frank.

I've heard a lot about the claim of people eating dog food but have never

seen
any proof. Have you ever actually compared the cost of dog food vs.

"human"
food?

I have. Many moons ago when I was living on the south side of Chicago, the
very few grocers ripped us off like you would not believe. Food was less
expensive in the wealthy neighborhoods. An old man near me bought a can of
dog food every day. He had no dog. I don't get it, either, but I have a
clue. When I was in-service we trained in some unconventional areas. One was
starving. Funny how when you are really, truly hungry you 'feel' every
morsel and go for some kind of intuitive sense of what has the greatest
nutrition. Bugs were good. Maybe dogfood is that way. I don't ever want to
be there again.

[... snip good article ...] What do you feel is wrong with the
transportation system here in the US? It's exactly what the people of the

US
want. Not only can you go there but I'll buy you a one way ticket there.

Actually, it's not what the Americans want. It's just that they have never
seen an alternative. I used to live in Europe (France) and England. Man, I
never needed a personal vehicle. Here in the USA I'll bet 80% of the
population could not get to work, and possibly the grocery store, without
having to own a car. That sucks.

While I'm more then happy to discuss this further with you. It is off

topic
here. As I've told you before I'd be happy to continue this conversation

offline
via Email or in the political newsgroup of your choice.

I have a feeling I'll be buying you a cup of coffee this year or next. We
can talk then.

Old August 14th 04, 04:54 AM
Frank Pittel

In rec.photo.equipment.large-format rafe bustin wrote:
: On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:40:37 -0500, Frank Pittel
: wrote:

: I do live in the US and fortunatly I don't pay 75% in taxes. When all is said
: and done it's about half that. If kerry gets elected it's sure to go up.

: As well it should. We've gone from a brief
: period of budget surplus to record defecits,
: because of shrub's tax cuts *and* military
: adventures. No other US president has cut
: taxes in time of war. It's flat out irresponsible.
: Most Americans understand this, and agree.

: Of course, the main benefactors of both the
: tax cuts and the military adventures have been
: the rich, while the rest of us -- the non-rich --
: foot the bill.

: Bush and his cronies must go. The potential
: damage done to the USA in a 2nd shrub term
: is depressing beyond words.

The Bush tax cuts have put a quick end to the clinton recession. Other then his
moral character and his effective war on terrorism needed to protect the US I'm
not crazy about Bush. During the primary I voted for Alan Keyes and during the
election I held my breath and voted for Bush. I couldn't stand the idea of
algore being president. I'll be voting for Bush again this fall since I believe
that ketchup boy is by far the worse of the two.