2 Scanners To One Computer

Old January 9th 05, 12:34 AM
Tim Forehand

Default 2 Scanners To One Computer

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect two different scanners to one
computer an both of them work?

I have a visioneer XP200 that I use all the time to scan documents however
I have a HP Scanjet4570c that I want to use for color photos.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I do not have a clue of how to solve
this problem.

Thanks,

--
Tim "Big Daddy" Forehand

Old January 9th 05, 04:21 AM
LWM

I've done it with three scsi scanners (just for a demo). Whether they're
scsi or usb, I don't see why not.

Old January 9th 05, 09:42 AM
Gautam Majumdar

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:34:41 +0000, Tim Forehand wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect two different scanners to
one computer an both of them work?

I have a visioneer XP200 that I use all the time to scan documents
however I have a HP Scanjet4570c that I want to use for color photos.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I do not have a clue of how to
solve this problem.

I have a flatbed scanner that can also scan slides/negatives & a
slide/negative scanner (both usb) attached to my PC. Both works
simultaneously even for scanning negatives. Both WindowsXP & Linux
recognise them as separate devices.

--

Gautam Majumdar

Please send e-mails to

Old January 9th 05, 10:28 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Gautam Majumdar" wrote in message
k...
I have a flatbed scanner that can also scan slides/negatives & a
slide/negative scanner (both usb) attached to my PC. Both works
simultaneously even for scanning negatives. Both WindowsXP & Linux
recognise them as separate devices.

--

Gautam Majumdar

Gautam

Can you tell us what make and model the two are and also an objective
comparison between the two when used to scan 35mm slides (in frames)?
Thank you.

Gerrit - Oz

Old January 9th 05, 11:58 AM
Don Dunlap

"Tim Forehand" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect two different scanners to
one computer an both of them work?

I have a visioneer XP200 that I use all the time to scan documents
however I have a HP Scanjet4570c that I want to use for color photos.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I do not have a clue of how to
solve this problem.

Thanks,

--
Tim "Big Daddy" Forehand

Should be no problem. You might have to go through the step of selecting
the "source" for the driver each time you use one, but that is only one
added step.

I used a film scanner and a regular flat bed scanner with my system with no
problems.

Don Dunlap