Lens retainer rings-where the hell do you buy'em?

Old November 18th 05, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace

Default Lens retainer rings-where the hell do you buy'em?

I screwed up a lens retainer ring on one of my lenses and need to
replace it. Tried to find one on eb@y, b&h, ten "lens parts suppliers"
and a bunch of other online places to no avail. Does anybody here have
any idea where I can get this thing? Lens barrel takes a standard 60mm
diameter filter, same for the ring......one guy said I had to have it
MADE!!!

Old November 18th 05, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace

I screwed up a lens retainer ring on one of my lenses and need to
replace it. Tried to find one on eb@y, b&h, ten "lens parts suppliers"
and a bunch of other online places to no avail. Does anybody here have
any idea where I can get this thing? Lens barrel takes a standard 60mm
diameter filter, same for the ring......one guy said I had to have it
MADE!!!

So, what you "screwed up" is the front ring on the lens which the filter
screws into?

There are no commercially available 60mm filters, so it must be a 62mm or a
58mm - unless by chance it's a lens which takes a proprietary
filter/accessory, such as the Hasselblad bayonet filters.

That ring which you "screwed up" is an integral part of the lens - not a
"ring," which can be readily replaced. If it can't be straightened to
accept the screw in filters, it may well have to be fabricated (unlikely
that this is feasible) or pirated from a donor lens, possibly with damage to
the other end.

In any event, details as to the lens in question, and the exact nature of
the damage would assist in providing answers. Some lenses would warrant
repair, others, perhaps most, could be more economically replaced.

DS

Old November 18th 05, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace

The lens is mounted inside a tube. The inside diameter of the tube is
60mm and threaded. Those threads accept a 60mm retainer ring (that
holds the lens in place).
The filter I have is a Leica 60mm dia. polarizing filter which is able
to screw into the remaining threads at the end of the tube. I only
mention this filter so that one would be apprised that the thread specs
are the same for both the ring and the filter, and I assume are
standard.
mg

Nikon D70 Telephoto Zoom Lens Recommendation Clyde Torres Digital Photography 44 April 9th 05 05:13 PM
FS: Schneider Large-Format Lens TRADE!!! Bill Gillooly General Equipment For Sale 2 February 20th 05 07:43 AM
Lenses for D70 Digital Photography 3 January 20th 05 06:01 PM
Digital vs Film - just give in! [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 159 November 15th 04 05:56 PM
Subject: FS: Nikon F4, Nikkor Lens and accessories. FocaIPoint General Equipment For Sale 0 August 29th 03 03:59 PM