Problem with a Canon 50D

Old June 6th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default Problem with a Canon 50D

On Sat, 30 May 2009 04:57:44 -0600, Gary Edstrom wrote:

While the technological life of today's cameras may be kind of short,

Being reasonable is a waste of time. You just replied to the
newsgroup's resident Anti-DSLR troll. Some trolls can be reasoned
with, occasionally. This one, never. It's one of his forms of
auto-entertainment, when he's bored with the others or needs to use
the keyboard for a while to loosen up his fingers.

Old June 7th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dwight[_3_]

"Gary Edstrom" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:09:40 -0400, none wrote:

I still use the 20d I think its a great camera. I also would like to
change to a newer camera, any ideas?

My primary reason for going to the 50D is that it takes all the same
lenses and other accessories as the 20D. I didn't need to shell out
money for new lenses.

It's functionality is very similar to the 20D. One nice feature is the
automatic ultra-sonic sensor cleaning every time you turn the camera on
or off.

Gary

I was coming from a Rebel XT, myself. Most of the advice suggested that I
look up to the full frame models, but that was more than I wanted to spend.
It came down to a 40d or 50d in the end, and I decided to go with the newer
tech with more features (that large, clear display on the back, for
instance). The 40d could have been had for about US$300 less, but I opted
for the 50d. I've had it now for about two weeks and 1,400 images. It's an
absolute joy. The high speed burst is amazing, high-ISO images are not
disappointing. I can't put the thing down.

That being said, I'm sure that I would have been happy with the 40d, if I'd
chosen to go that route.

dwight
http://www.tfrog.com/digitals/eos50d/