Right-Angle Adapter

Old January 26th 04, 06:07 PM
Rebecca

Default Right-Angle Adapter

Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
it?

Thanks.

--
http://rebecca.starthinker.com

Old January 26th 04, 07:02 PM
-xiray-

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:07:13 -0600, "Rebecca"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
it?

Thanks.

Last time I saw a lens like that for a 35mm camera was 20 years ago.

You're right, my quick Google search says seems to indicate that they
would be hard to come by... but there's at least one lens sold for
video cameras (promoted as a spy tool on some sites).

Old January 26th 04, 10:10 PM
Michael J. Moline

Here you go
http://www.cameragear.com/rightanglelenses.asp

Old February 3rd 04, 09:18 AM
Paul

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type

that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name

for
it?

Thanks.

--
http://rebecca.starthinker.com

Its also known as the PURVY SCOPE because it was widely used by DOM's to
PURV on people in public places.

Paul

Old February 3rd 04, 03:26 PM
Freemale

When I was a younger man. (No not that many years ago) I made myself one
from a toilet roll, glue, black paint and a make up mirror. It was very good
and simple to do. I finished mine off with a close up lens attached to the
front so that it looked like a normal lens. It was great for taking real
candid photos.

Old February 5th 04, 12:58 AM
KBob

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
it?

Thanks.

An easy item to find. Adorama carries one, it's called the "Adorama
Mirror Scope" and it lists in my catalog for $37.50 (Cat #1NMS). It
is shown as being available in 46, 49, 52, 55, 58 and 62mm (specify
when ordering). I've also seen them in the Cambridge listings from
time to time.

Old February 10th 04, 04:10 PM
howard

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type

that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name

for
it?

Thanks.

--
http://rebecca.starthinker.com

Ahhh.....you need a Left-Angle adaptor. ;-)