ACDSee Pro2 - Installation Question

Old November 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
BRH

Default ACDSee Pro2 - Installation Question

A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of ACDSee
Pro2. Since I liked what I saw, I began building a database of my
photos with the intent to buy the full version (download) at the end of
the trial period.

Well, in the meantime, I received the full version on CD as a gift. Now
I want to the trial version to the full version. However, I can't find
anywhere to enter the registration code to convert the trial to a full
version. So, I tried re-installing from the CD, over the existing
installation. Unfortunately, it still didn't prompt me for the
registration code during this process, so my installation still is
listed as a trial version that will expire in a few days.

I've considered completely uninstalling the trial and then installing
from the CD, but I don't want to lose my database.

ACDSee has not responded to my e-mails about this. So -- can someone
suggest how I can upgrade my installed trial version to a fully
registered version without risking the loss of my database?

Thanks!
Old November 7th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

BRH wrote:
[...]

No guarantees but just search the ACD folder for *.* & copy the one
large file with the recent modified date. I know deleting that file
cleans the database :-)
Old November 7th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Swiss Tony

BRH wrote in message ...
[...]

Maybe this will help you.
http://www.acdsee.com/support/knowle...rticle?id=2000

Old November 7th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
BRH

Swiss Tony wrote:
BRH wrote in message ...

[...]

That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!
Old November 7th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Swiss Tony

BRH wrote in message news
That was it exactly! Thanks, Tony!

11:06pm, I finally did my good deed for the day :-)