still life food digital

Old February 3rd 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Maggie

Default still life food digital

Dear Enthusiasts,
My girlfriend is a serious (aspiring serious) photographer.
Educated in Spain to take digital (Canon 20D) photos of food
(not prepared dishes but rather still-life shots of vegetables and
other fresh foodstuff in dramatic but static settings).

Her work is quite good and she has sold many images to magazines in
the past.
She hopes to re-enter the field after some years of childrearing.

Is there a community, an appropriately focused newsgroup for instance,
that I could put her in touch with so she can correspond with
like-minded fotogs?

Thanks a bunch!

Maggs
Old February 3rd 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Little Green Eyed Dragon

No and not worth participation in; if she has an Iota of talent she will
keep her vision separated from the mainstream an find her place and
price &clients to herself and no help from egocentric nayer do wells
like you .
--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
Old February 3rd 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

"Maggie" wrote in message
Dear Enthusiasts,
My girlfriend is a serious (aspiring serious) photographer.
Educated in Spain to take digital (Canon 20D) photos of food
(not prepared dishes but rather still-life shots of vegetables and other
fresh foodstuff in dramatic but static settings).

Her work is quite good and she has sold many images to magazines in the
past.
She hopes to re-enter the field after some years of childrearing.

Is there a community, an appropriately focused newsgroup for instance,
that I could put her in touch with so she can correspond with like-minded
fotogs?

Have her check out flickr.com. There is lots of lively, cooperative
discussion of photographs and issues surrounding photography there. If it
looks interesting, I would suggest that she post a few of her best images,
along with specific questions about each image - composition, color, subject
matter, what works and what doesn't, etc.

This particular group is part of Usenet and, as you can see, is fairly
clannish. It is necessary to ignore negative comments which are sometimes
overwhelming for a beginner. Flickr, and other photo discussion sites, are
not like that. Enjoy.
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Old February 3rd 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 2/3/07 9:53 AM, in article , "Hoover"
wrote:

Taking "dramatic" photos of vegetables is an oxymoron.

"Maggie" wrote in message

Tell that to Weston:
http://www.edward-weston.com/edward_..._natural_1.htm

Old February 3rd 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:42:43 -0500, Little Green Eyed Dragon
wrote:

No and not worth participation in; if she has an Iota of talent she will
keep her vision separated from the mainstream an find her place and
price &clients to herself and no help from egocentric nayer do wells
like you .

Is this a natural talent you have, or did you take classes?

--
The New York Yankees signed a
deal with China Monday to expand
Old February 4th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Maggie

wrote:

No and not worth participation in; if she has an Iota of talent she will
keep her vision separated from the mainstream an find her place and
price &clients to herself and no help from egocentric nayer do wells
like you .

Is this a natural talent you have, or did you take classes?

So. Usenet has evolved into a cesspool of embittered cynics seeking to
get a rise out of the few readers who are naive enough to look for the
original spirit of benevolent community. No doubt we've gotten what we
deserved.
Pardon my intrusion into your solipsism.
Old February 4th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

wrote:

No and not worth participation in; if she has an Iota of talent she will
keep her vision separated from the mainstream an find her place and
price &clients to herself and no help from egocentric nayer do wells
like you .

Is this a natural talent you have, or did you take classes?

So. Usenet has evolved into a cesspool of embittered cynics seeking to
get a rise out of the few readers who are naive enough to look for the
original spirit of benevolent community. No doubt we've gotten what we
deserved.
Pardon my intrusion into your solipsism.

That's a very strange reply to Bill, who was criticizing the
Little Green Eyed Jerk that insulted your girlfriend for no good
reason, and LGED's was the *only* such reply that I've noticed.
Perhaps you didn't intend it that way, but that's how your reply
comes across. Did you not see Mike Russell's response that appears
to have given you the kind of good advice that you came here for?
It was posted almost a day ago, shortly after LGED's foolish,