Michael Gudzinowicz

Old August 24th 04, 12:23 AM
Gilbert

Default Michael Gudzinowicz

Whatever happened to Michael Gudzinowicz ? I haven't seen him post in
this newsgroup for ages. Does anybody know?

Gilbert
Gilbert
________________
www.apug.org
Nederlands forum voor
traditionele fotografie
Old August 24th 04, 02:34 AM
Richard Knoppow

"Gilbert" wrote in message

Whatever happened to Michael Gudzinowicz ? I haven't seen

him post in
this newsgroup for ages. Does anybody know?

Gilbert
Gilbert
________________
www.apug.org
Nederlands forum voor
traditionele fotografie

I haven't written to him in a while and should check up.
I think he just got discouraged by some of the bad manners
in some groups and on some lists. I think he was a very
valuable member and am very sorry he chose not to post any
more.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old August 24th 04, 07:28 AM
John

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:23:15 +0200, Gilbert
wrote:

Whatever happened to Michael Gudzinowicz ? I haven't seen him post in
this newsgroup for ages. Does anybody know?

Last we spoke he was fishing. Michael was certainly one of the
most helpful souls to grace this ruin of a newsgroup.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old August 24th 04, 06:20 PM
Lloyd usenet Erlick

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:28:09 -0500, John
most helpful souls to grace this ruin of a newsgroup.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

aug2404 from Lloyd Erlick,

I wouldn't call it a ruin! I agree most wholeheartedly about
the driving-away factor of the vituperative trolls, and I
advocate that no-one take part in any way or reference them
directly or specifically (in other words, don't feed the
trolls...) but --

I've noticed a number of fresh faces posting intelligently
and interestingly lately. A much larger number of them than
the other factor. Has there been some sort of electronic
connection improvement to Europe lately? We now have quite a
few contributors from the UK and Germany and Italy and
Finland and others. I'm sure there have not always been so
many. I follow the LF newsgroup too, and I think the same
thing has happened there. A poster I did not recognize
suddenly began relating his first efforts at 4x5 pretty much
as he was in the process of doing them. Very interesting and
just the sort of stuff I view as defining the value of this
medium. Impossible in a magazine or video.

On balance, I think matters at this newsgroup are improving.

regards,
--le

________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:
net:
www.heylloyd.com
________________________________

Old September 5th 04, 01:27 AM
John McGraw

Lloyd usenet Erlick Lloyd AT the-wire DOT com wrote in message . ..
[...]

Vituperative! Wow! Vituperative....what a word! I'd try to take into
my own vocabulary, but I can't even figure out how to pronounce it.
Usually I can pronounce a new word from a dictionary but not this one.
Also if I tried to remember it, I'm afraid that it would go into
either the left or right side of my brain and cause my head to become
unbalanced, giving me a severe neck ache. Having said all that, it's
the perfect word for what you are describing. If you can continue to
come up w/ a word a day that great, it will improve my vocabulary
immensely. But please keep em easy to pronounce.
Best, John

Old September 5th 04, 03:23 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"John McGraw" wrote

Vituperative! Wow! Vituperative....what a word! I'd try to take into
my own vocabulary, but I can't even figure out how to pronounce it.

You need:

http://www.wordsmith.org/awad/

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com