Ilex #5 shutter problem-Cable release!

Old October 15th 04, 05:02 PM
Richard Knoppow

"jjs" wrote in message
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in
message ...

If the end of the cable release is directly in contact
with the tripping lever inside the camera a part is
missing. There should be a short plunger inside the cable
release socket. These are all too often missing.

It did strike me that there should be a plunger of some
type in there. I will have to make up a work-around, maybe
trap a very small ball-bearing in the tube?

You might be able to make one from a section of drill
stock or hard brass rod.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old October 16th 04, 11:57 PM
Jos. Burke

Thanks for all the info but I found one more cable release stored in a case
and it had just enough "reach" to trip the shutter. It (the shutter release
mechanism)does make a kinda scraping sound when i use the it and I wonder if
something is in fact missing or out of place in there or whether I should
use a lubricant up in that hole.
J Burke
"Jos. Burke" wrote in message
t...
Well my Ilex #5 shutter cable release mechanism needs a little work. The
cables (I've tried all 4 of mine!) fail to push the lever far enough to

trip
the shutter. I can insert another long(er) nail or other and it trips fine
but my release cables fall a little short. Is this a simple adjustment I

can
do to the shutter (?) Any suggested remedies wanted!
Gee, that 24" Red Dot Artar wants the cable release to work properly!
J Burke