Battery charger for England

Old July 19th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G[_2_]

Default Battery charger for England

"tracymar55" wrote in message
I have the Konica Minolta Lithium Ion Battery charger BC-900 for my
Konica Minolta Dimage A200 and am going to England for several weeks.
Can anyone tell me what I should do about voltage? (I no longer have
the original documentation from this battery charger and Konica
Minolta is out of the digital photography business so I can't track it
down)

1) Do I need a new battery charger? If so, how/where do I get one that
will be compatible with my battery and work in England? OR
2) Is there some kind of adapter I should buy that would make this
battery charger compatible with the UK's 220 voltage (which is not the
same as Europe's).
I really need to be sure that what I have will work before I leave.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tracy
p.s. I've managed to find such battery chargers online via stores in
England but think there must be a better way than to purchase from
England pay exorbitant international postage. And maybe I don't need a
new battery charger.

Have you looked at the battery charger itself, or its power supply unit.?
There should be a notice on one or the other showing Input / Output details.
If the Input voltage range includes 220 volt, then your charger will work
almost anywhere in Europe including the UK. You would then only need a plug
adapter, which you could buy once you arrive.

(Us people in Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland take exception to the UK being
described as England).

Roy G