question about 'remote storage'

Old July 18th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_5_]

Default question about 'remote storage'

In article , wrote:
I wonder if anyone here can advise me on a rather unusual problem.

I'm being harrassed by antisocial teenagers in my neighbourhood, and
the police can't help me because I don't know their names or where
they live. And there are never any adults around whom I can point them
out to.

Since the cops are useless, too bad you cant own a gun over their !!!!

It looks as if the only solution is for me to get either photos or
video of them, and show that to the police.

I don't have a camcorder, but I do have a digital camera that can take
video footage. And things have got so bad, I'd even consider buying a
camcorder, if it helps to get these people caught.

But the main problem is this: these teenagers are such a bad lot,
there's every chance that they'd take the camera off me, so I'd be no
further forward.

So what I'm looking for is a fairly cheap way of taking photos or
video in such a way that it's instantly transmitted to a remote
storage device, such as my PC, so that even if they take my camera,
the evidence will be safe.

Buy a Taser,taser them in the gonads!

All the harassment is taking place less than a quarter of a mile from
my home, so there's no great transmission distance involved here.

Ideally, I'd like a system that can be always ready, because I never
know when I'm going to bump into these yobs.

I should mention also that although I can get onto the Internet via
public computers, my home PC isn't on the Net.

I'd be extremely grateful for any advice I can get on this. These yobs
are glorying in the thought that they can't be traced, and I'd love to
prove them wrong!

Have someone waiting when you go out, if you get harrassed, have your
friend watch them and follow them home.
\