Linear pano - halfway home!

Old July 16th 08, 09:13 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Nice Mice

Default Linear pano - halfway home!

Paul Furman wrote:
Moose & Squirrel wrote:
Nice Mice wrote:

And now you stalk my every post. Get yourself down to the Cleveland
court house next Wednesday at 11:00 AM. If you object to the
magistrate making an order for Optus to provide your identity and
address, you can tell him how innocent you are.

Yawn You do seem to make a habit of threatening "legal" action
against the denizens of the photo groups that you perceive as having a
problem with... Do YOU ever actually follow through or do you just
like to make noise?

Yeah he actually paid a lawyer to file papers on my host in the US & I
got an email with 24 hours notice to remove the files or they'd take
down my whole domain. Oh well, delete 2 tiny jpegs & move on... this is
per some clause in the digital millennium copyright crap law :-)

It was a similar situation: some stupid example making some outrageous
claim which turned out to be completely mistaken.. I posted a little
crop & compare & he claimed IMAGE THEIF!, I say it was
editorial/educational use, blah blah blah over a couple years time :-)

Actually Paul, it was a lot more than that. I posted two processed
image. One shot RAW and the other shot as JPEG (Panasonic jpeg - 60%
compression) to demonstrate the **** poor quality of a Canon 20D image
and question the value of spending 4 times as much as the Panasonic cost
on an outfit that at best took marginally better photos.

That's when you and your mentally retarded mate in the frozen wastes of
Alaska tried to tell me I'd be sued off the face of the earth if I even
tried to to have the pictures removed from your site.

Even when I sent you a copy of the law saying what you had done was
illegal and demanding you take my photos off your web site, you as much
as told me to go **** myself. Arrogances in the extreme.

The sorry part of this is that you claim to come from a heritage of
professional photographers ...yet you have no value in the laws that
allow professionals to say what and by whom their images are used for.

You don't know how luck you really were. Moving the images elsewhere on
your site was a really dumb thing to do. By just 12 hours you managed to
avoid my lawyer putting a lien on your house and suing you for more
money than you'll likely make before you die.

Do not now make fun of it. Read this:

" Although you gave us instructions to halt civil proceedings against Mr
Furman, I urge you to consider that we believe you still have a solid
case against him for damages. Before returning your funds, I urge you to
consider continuing the case. Mr Furman appears to have sufficient
identifiable assets to meet any award likely to made against him."

Steal intellectual property from a working professional at your own
risk. Common sense should tell you no business person can afford NOT to
continue through with a legal case against an image thief. If they did,
there might as well not be any copyright laws.

Noons seems to think he was responsible for Annika1980 losing his AOL
account. I've got a $387 (USD) account here that says my lawyer was the
one who did it.

Now we're about to see some home grown stalkers try and make out their
disgusting and illegal behaviour is beyond reproach too. Oh well. At
least it's a tax write off!

Old July 16th 08, 09:20 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Nice Mice

Moose & Squirrel wrote:

My email address hasn't changed in the last ten years... I've used three
different names that go in front of the address (JT's Ghost, and two
variations of Moose & Squirrel), you on the other hand change your sock
names frequently.

- JT
thanks for playing, here is a copy of the play at home game you...

It seems you arithmetic is a little out. That makes four!
Old July 16th 08, 10:08 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Cal I Fornicate

Nice Mice wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
Moose & Squirrel wrote:
Nice Mice wrote:

[...]

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of your BS.

Your lawyer was about to put a lien on his house? How? A lien comes
AFTER a SUCCESSFUL lawsuit, not before it. You have to prove a debt
before you can attach property.

Do not now make fun of it. Read this:

No one can read anything you write without making fun of it. You are an
idiot.

" Although you gave us instructions to halt civil proceedings against Mr
Furman, I urge you to consider that we believe you still have a solid
case against him for damages. Before returning your funds, I urge you to
consider continuing the case. Mr Furman appears to have sufficient
identifiable assets to meet any award likely to made against him."

A law firm 'urging' a client? Not likely, not if they want to stay in
business.

Steal intellectual property from a working professional at your own
risk.

Intellectual property? I thought you were whining about him misusing a
photograph of yours. Where does the intellectual property come into it?

Common sense should tell you no business person can afford NOT to
continue through

Continue through?

with a legal case against an image thief. If they did,
there might as well not be any copyright laws.

Noons seems to think he was responsible for Annika1980 losing his AOL
account. I've got a $387 (USD) account here that says my lawyer was the
one who did it.

You have an account with only $387 in it? Why bother, just keep it in
your top pocket.

Now we're about to see some home grown stalkers try and make out their
disgusting and illegal behaviour is beyond reproach too. Oh well. At
least it's a tax write off!

No it isn't. You can't get anything right, can you?

Hey, if I take some of your pathetic images and post them somewhere,
modify them first of course, will you try to sue me? I'd really love to
see you make an open idiot of yourself. We could sell tickets to the
court case.

How about this, it's a very public critical comment on your website.
Wanna try to sue me for it?

See: http://tinyurl.com/5rmov5

Cal
Old July 16th 08, 10:19 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Jeff R.

Cal I Fornicate wrote:

How about this, it's a very public critical comment on your website.
Wanna try to sue me for it?

See: http://tinyurl.com/5rmov5

Cal

Oh Lordy!
My side is aching!
My keyboard is soaked in coffee.
My monitor needs a rinse, too.

Who can I sue?

--
Jeff R.

Old July 16th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Indigo Blue" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
Here's what I have so far. It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof. I think I'll re-shoot it with a lot more
images.

Considering the pasting (pardon the pun) you gave D-Mac over his
seemingly slapped together example which I thought demonstrated the
technique very well, this is an insult to a viewer's senses.

D-Mac may very well troll these groups with an ulterior motive but at
least he knew enough not to try the impossible: matching the tiles on a
roof!

You seem to have ignored every principal of creating one of these images
and now wonder why it doesn't "look right". Back at the first post D-Mac
made about it, he said using a telephoto lens, not a wide angle one was
a key to successfully gathering images to work with. What did you use?
17mm?

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

IB.

Hi Douggie :-)
I thought you said you were not going to inflict yourself on the
aus.photo news groups anymore.

Interesting that so far as I've seen, no one has commented on the
substance of the critique, several of which are valid.

--
john mcwilliams

true, but maybe you failed to notice, along with Douggie Boi the part of
Brett's post where he said "It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof.", so I am cutting him some slack as he already
knows there are problems in those areas, what about you??

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old July 16th 08, 02:14 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/16/08 3:13 AM, in article , "Nice Mice"
wrote:

Get a life, windbag!

Old July 16th 08, 02:17 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/16/08 4:08 AM, in article , "Cal I Fornicate"
wrote:

How about this, it's a very public critical comment on your website.
Wanna try to sue me for it?

See: http://tinyurl.com/5rmov5

Cal

"Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, THAT there's FUNNY!"

*Larry the Cable Guy

Old July 16th 08, 04:30 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 16, 4:13 am, Nice Mice wrote:
Noons seems to think he was responsible for Annika1980 losing his AOL
account. I've got a $387 (USD) account here that says my lawyer was the
one who did it.

Another lie from the Master.

It must really suck to know that you even got bested by the idiot,
Noons.
There is no way you could have had my AOL account pulled.
My mistake was hosting one of Noon's pics on AOL.

Of course, I've already signed up again on AOL with another free
account so if you wanna play some more just let me know.
I'm sure there are some newbies here who would laugh their asses off
at some of your godawful shots of ugly brides, one-legged grooms, kite
surfers, and wedding cakes in front of filing cabinets.

Sucks to be you-D-Mac, no matter which name you are using!

You've made this point over and over and over and

why not STFU?

--
lsmft
Old July 16th 08, 05:35 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Nice Mice wrote:

That's when you and your mentally retarded mate in the frozen wastes of
Alaska tried to tell me I'd be sued off the face of the earth if I even
tried to to have the pictures removed from your site.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Moving the images elsewhere on
your site

I didn't move anything. I did remove them eventually.

My hosting company said they would not attempt to weigh the specifics of
the case and would not listen to any fair use arguments (guilty till
proven innocent).

I rent a studio apartment.
Old July 16th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

I've been cutting them all slack for years. I was hoping a real
discussion would come out of this, but it's pretty much all flames and
rehashing old stuff.

I don't think there was a reply to my question about what lens was used.
Elsewhere I see assertions that Bret straight out lied about the method
used; I don't know how else the roof shingles came to such wierd layout
except by combo shooting (part fixed, part walking).

--
John McWilliams