Linear pano - halfway home!

Old July 15th 08, 07:11 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Indigo Blue

Default Linear pano - halfway home!

Annika1980 wrote:
Here's what I have so far. It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof. I think I'll re-shoot it with a lot more
images.

Considering the pasting (pardon the pun) you gave D-Mac over his
seemingly slapped together example which I thought demonstrated the
technique very well, this is an insult to a viewer's senses.

D-Mac may very well troll these groups with an ulterior motive but at
least he knew enough not to try the impossible: matching the tiles on a
roof!

You seem to have ignored every principal of creating one of these images
and now wonder why it doesn't "look right". Back at the first post D-Mac
made about it, he said using a telephoto lens, not a wide angle one was
a key to successfully gathering images to work with. What did you use? 17mm?

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

IB.
Old July 15th 08, 07:34 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Mark Thomas

Indigo Blue wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Hi, Douglas MacDonald Identity 173.

Let me give you a quick hint. As you take on a new identity, you really
need to use not only a spelling checker, but also a grammar checker.

That may help you stop misspelling the same words over and over
(principal? advise? - you're illiterate, Dougie, just face it, but at
least the words are consistent).

Sadly, even if you get the words spelt right, it won't help to hide your
attitude, stupidity and slavish defense of... yourself.

Bit like your use of clocksnprints over on Ebay. Nobody is fooled.
Except you.

But I'm sure you *meant* to post this, and you *meant* to be busted
within seconds.

(O:
Old July 15th 08, 09:37 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Indigo Blue" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Hi Douggie :-)
I thought you said you were not going to inflict yourself on the aus.photo
news groups anymore.

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old July 15th 08, 02:20 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/15/08 1:11 AM, in article , "Indigo Blue"
wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
Here's what I have so far. It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof. I think I'll re-shoot it with a lot more
images.

Considering the pasting (pardon the pun) you gave D-Mac over his
seemingly slapped together example which I thought demonstrated the
technique very well, this is an insult to a viewer's senses.

Looookkkkiiieee!

Another sock-puppet pops up - just like the weasel game.

WHACK!

Old July 15th 08, 03:08 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Indigo Blue wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Here's what I have so far. It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof. I think I'll re-shoot it with a lot more
images.

Considering the pasting (pardon the pun) you gave D-Mac over his

Stop pretending douggy, you're recognisable a mile away.

seemingly slapped together example which I thought demonstrated the
technique very well, this is an insult to a viewer's senses.

You thought your example was good but this is bad? Get
yourself to an optometrist quicksmart! Bret's has a few odd
bits with the footpath and roof tiles, but he doesn't have
buildings that have magically grown by a couple of feet, he
doesn't have stairs that disappear into nowhere, etc, etc, etc.

D-Mac may very well troll these groups with an ulterior motive but at

From the horses mouth - douggy is a troll.

least he knew enough not to try the impossible: matching the tiles on a
roof!

Yeah douggy, you couldn't even get the flat faces of the
buildings to line up, you'd have no hope at all with tiles.

You seem to have ignored every principal of creating one of these images
and now wonder why it doesn't "look right". Back at the first post D-Mac
made about it, he said using a telephoto lens, not a wide angle one was
a key to successfully gathering images to work with. What did you use?
17mm?

Irrespective of what he used, he managed to get a more
accurate blend than you did. Must suck to be you right now
D-Mac, the "tennessee jackass" as you like to call him, has
done a substantially better job than any of your attempts.
Maybe the "Tennessee Jackass" ain't so much of a jackass
after all - he's clearly better at his craft than the
Tangalooma Tosser.

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

It's quite obvious Bret has just done a very good job of
showing you up. You come in here blowing all sorts of wind
out your arse about how it is a fantastic technique that
should be used by others, then you post 2 examples. The
first was comprehensively proven to not be a linear panorama
at all, the 2nd example can only be described as pitiful.
Bret posts his first effort, and despite having a few
headaches with tiles and footpaths, manages to create an
image that is quite acceptible. So much for D-Mac the expert
professional. Looks more like D-Mac the bloody drongo.

IB.

Old July 15th 08, 05:23 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"Mark Thomas" wrote in message
Indigo Blue wrote:

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

IB.

Hi, Douglas MacDonald Identity 173.

Oh, this is the "D-Mac" mentioned in other posts?

I wish somebody would make up a compendium of who's who here.

Neil

Old July 15th 08, 10:16 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Nice Mice

Indigo Blue wrote:

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

IB.

Hi, Douglas MacDonald Identity 173.

Oh, this is the "D-Mac" mentioned in other posts?

I wish somebody would make up a compendium of who's who here.

Neil

Hi Neil.
You'll find Mark (previously Charles) has a not complete list of mostly
inaccurate screen names D-Mac has used in the past. Be careful using it
because there are some errors in it.

It won't do you any good as a filter. He is working reactively which
doesn't result in any useful information, just historically
insignificant data.

The best idea is to get off Usenet altogether. Sort of like: If you
don't like heat in kitchens, don't choose cook as your occupation".
Usenet is unregulated. That is the reason you are here. Trying to
regulate it for yourself simply doesn't work either.
Old July 15th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
news
Indigo Blue wrote:

You seem to have such a fixation on this fellow as to do anything to
avoid following his advise. Even to the point of sabotaging your own
attempt. Time to start over.

IB.
Hi, Douglas MacDonald Identity 173.

Oh, this is the "D-Mac" mentioned in other posts?

I wish somebody would make up a compendium of who's who here.

Google is your friend. Those able to do so are probably too bored with the
regular boors.

Please also watch where you're sending, Neil. No need to pollute three
groups.

Sorry, I usually just reply without checking that. I'm not always sure which
NG a thread originated in, anyway. Maybe I should just make fewer replies.

Neil