What it's all come down to...

Old July 11th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

Default What it's all come down to...

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
Atheist Chaplain wrote:

your not a very good actor then.

I'm not disputing that, but the pay is super and the vast array of Nikkors
and other Nikon equipment are great perks.

Rita
--
impersonating an Internet idiot. I Never empower the
idiot, I embrace and stimulate it. For more details go to the Usenet

if your images are anything to go by, you would probably be just as happy
with a camera phone :-)
Don Hirschberg

Old July 11th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
m...
Atheist Chaplain wrote:

if your images are anything to go by, you would probably be just as
happy with a camera phone :-)

Wait till I get a Nikon mount adapter for my camera phone and attach the
500/4 to it. Look out baby! We be talking an effective focal length of
5,500mm!!!!

Rita

OK you got a LOL :-)

Don Hirschberg

Old July 11th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2008-07-10, Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
J.H. Holliday wrote:

But I gotta tell ya, I got a couple of Canon point and shoots now
that meet 98% or my photo needs. Truly amazing equipment...

Cool! If you tried the Nikon D3 you would consider those Canon point
and
shoots, or anything else from Canon, akin and as primitive as rubbing
two
sticks together to produce fire.

Rita, paid shill for Nikon, probably because they could only fool an
idiot
to actually shill for them.

I'm pretty sure if Nikon did pay anyone to puff their products they'd
pay a photographer. In fact, looking at the random edition of Nikon Pro
magazine beside me, they do.

are you implying that Rita isn't a photographer ??

Yes.

Now I'm stating that Rita isn't a photographer.

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old July 11th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J.H. Holliday

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
bugbear wrote:
J.H. Holliday wrote:
Been a photographer since before the Nikon F Photomic T was the hottest
thing to hang around your neck (and I did). Been through a Rollei 6x6
2.8E Planar, a few Contaflexes, a Leica RF, some Minoltas (SRT-101), a
Miranda, Olympus, and a few Canons, etc. plus I did the permanent
darkroom thing-- Durst, Schneider Componon lenses, etc. Even won a
couple of amateur awards for my stuff way back when I liven in New York.

But I gotta tell ya, I got a couple of Canon point and shoots now that
meet 98% or my photo needs. Truly amazing equipment...

(asbestos suit on, my friend!!)

Nah, JH don't need no 'bestos suit, my friend.

A fisherman himself, he landed the biggest troller in this here lil ole
group on one of his first casts...

--
john mcwilliams

No, absolutely no troll intended dude. I'm just amazed what I can do with a
$200 camera these days-- even a $125 one up close and in good light...

Old July 18th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Blinky the Shark wrote:

J.H. Holliday wrote:

Been a photographer since before the Nikon F Photomic T was the hottest
thing to hang around your neck (and I did). Been through a Rollei 6x6 2.8E
Planar, a few Contaflexes, a Leica RF, some Minoltas (SRT-101), a Miranda,
Olympus, and a few Canons, etc. plus I did the permanent darkroom thing--
Durst, Schneider Componon lenses, etc. Even won a couple of amateur awards
for my stuff way back when I liven in New York.

But I gotta tell ya, I got a couple of Canon point and shoots now that meet
98% or my photo needs. Truly amazing equipment...

While they're obviously not the top dogs of the digital camera pack, it
*is* truly astounding what some of them can do, innit? Let's hear it for
the wonderful *range* of gear that's available today, which makes it
possible for just about everybody to find and enjoy hardware that suits
his or her needs, regardless of where on the spectrum they fall.

Hello, Blinky:

I concur! Neither snobs, nor jaded techno-freaks, need apply, anymore. g

Cordially,
John Turco
Old July 18th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

"J.H. Holliday" wrote:

"John McWilliams" wrote in message

edited for brevity

Nah, JH don't need no 'bestos suit, my friend.

A fisherman himself, he landed the biggest troller in this here lil ole
group on one of his first casts...

--
john mcwilliams

No, absolutely no troll intended dude. I'm just amazed what I can do with a
$200 camera these days-- even a $125 one up close and in good light...

Hello, J.H.:

So very true. Today, there are even some decent "point and shoot" digicams,
priced well below $100 USD.

Cordially,
John Turco