Interior

Old October 3rd 17, 01:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Default Interior

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.
--
teleportation kills
Old October 3rd 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
android wrote:

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.

Forgot: Wide open...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 3rd 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/3/2017 8:49 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.

Forgot: Wide open...

it is indeed a bit soft. To me the sharpest area was the pipe, just
right of center.

--
PeterN
Old October 3rd 17, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

android wrote:

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.

Forgot: Wide open...

it is indeed a bit soft. To me the sharpest area was the pipe, just
right of center.

That was the focus point... The subject was tilted sideways so nothing
else was to expected at the shallow DOF you get with a 135 at 2.8 but
the same sharpens can be found in the strings of the venetian blind,
just to the left.

I'll let it meet the target at later date when I've got time and the
light is right.

Get YOUR target for free:

http://wp.me/P3strj-6A
--
teleportation kills
Old October 4th 17, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/3/2017 10:17 AM, android wrote:

android wrote:

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.

Forgot: Wide open...

it is indeed a bit soft. To me the sharpest area was the pipe, just
right of center.

That was the focus point... The subject was tilted sideways so nothing
else was to expected at the shallow DOF you get with a 135 at 2.8 but
the same sharpens can be found in the strings of the venetian blind,
just to the left.

I'll let it meet the target at later date when I've got time and the
light is right.

Get YOUR target for free:

http://wp.me/P3strj-6A

At least my eyes haven't gone completely. Enjoy the lens.

--
PeterN
Old October 4th 17, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

android wrote:

[...]

Sure will... Enjoy the target!
--
teleportation kills
Old October 4th 17, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

android wrote:

The new to me Pentacon 135/2.8:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md4aj6z1bsomskz/MX1L2736.fix.jpg

Right out of the box. Almost SOOC. Just a tad of sharpening since I've
set the JPGs on the 1D2 to be on the soft side and downsizing so that
your screens won't explode.

Forgot: Wide open...

it is indeed a bit soft. To me the sharpest area was the pipe, just
right of center.

--
PeterN

Largest shift from soft to sharpness I've seen recently is an old Canon 58mm
f/1.2. Very soft with SA wide-open, but exceedingly sharp stopped down to
f/5.6.

In pre AF days large apertures was mainly intended to facilitate
focusing... But sharpness in the center at wide apertures could of
course be used creatively while taking portraits and such. I think that
Peter needs more eye surgery, BTW...
--
teleportation kills