DXO Opticspro v11 gratuit est arrivé

Old October 3rd 17, 05:27 AM posted to fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Default DXO Opticspro v11 gratuit est arrivé

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 10/2/2017 6:26 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 11:31:10 -0400, PeterN

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour Ã* tous,

DXO OpticsPro V11 gratuit

http://www.dxo.com/us/practicalphotography

Cordialement

Merci! Forwarded to rec.photo.digital .

Thanks for posting that.
The notes started me thinking about using 14 bit RAW on my D800.
When I checked to see if that will run with my cameras, I found that
indeed it did, unless I shot in sRAW. (Which I don't.) However in
reading about sRAW, I ran into some discussions about the advantages and
disadvantages of shooting in 14bit v 12 bit RAW. For me, on the D800 the
slight frame rate reduction is not a factor. After looking at a number
of articles, if I switched to 14 bit there would be an increase in DR
and tonality differences. I wonder if anyone here has actual experience
in this area.

I set the D750 to 14 bit right from the beginning. I've never used it
in 12 bit so I can't make any comparison. I've noticed that the manual
talks only about increased color range with no mention in luminance.

Whatever: I have had no reason to even think of going back to 12 bit.

i tried 14bit on my D300, and the frame rate slowed to a crawl, and I
saw no difference in the images. I ran some quick tests with the D800,
and the difference was noticeable.

The DR is not as wide with the D300 as with the D800 cameras so you
won't notice it as much 'till you make tonal adjustments in post.
--
teleportation kills
Old October 3rd 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Default DXO Opticspro v11 gratuit est arrivˆ©

Old October 3rd 17, 06:09 AM posted to fr.rec.photo, rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour Ã* tous,

[...]

With my D300 & D300S I just shot 14-Bit and felt unhindered.

Savageduck

Old October 3rd 17, 06:45 AM posted to fr.rec.photo, rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Oct 2, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour Ã* tous,

[...]

BTW With the Fujifilm X-T2 there is no 12-Bit/14-Bit option, the Fujifilm RAW
(RAF) are 14-bit only.

Savageduck

Old October 3rd 17, 02:36 PM posted to fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour ÃÂ* tous,

[...]

For a while I am going to do macro and landscape using 14 bit on my
D800. While it would also be true for the D500, I prefer the increased
frame rate.

--
PeterN
Old October 3rd 17, 02:50 PM posted to fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/3/2017 1:09 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 2, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour Ã* tous,

[...]

I did not like the much slower frame rate. A faster frame rate I would
have gotten this guy before he turned his head away.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbknjnxve7be85n/4.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour Ã* tous,

[...]

I don't understand how that would have worked, well unless you were using an
iPhone. Surely you just needed to trigger the shutter earlier, a higher
frame rate only captures more images after triggerung the shutter NOT before.
But this is an area that I predicted eventually will come to DLSR years ago
when I first used pre-trigger on webcams 10+ years ago.

One have to assume that this was a capture in the middle of a series and
the desired direction of the head was between captures. I can set the
1D2 to 8+fps but usually use the slower one at 3fps since my shooing
style more relays on anticipating what's gonna happen...
--
teleportation kills

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour ÃÂ* tous,

[...]

Of course it was in the middle of a series. I was anticipating what
might happen. The first two were total discards. With a higher frame
rate this would have nailed it.

--
PeterN

On 2017-09-29 16:38:56 +0200, Prosper Youp La Boum (SDI) said:

Bonjour ÃÂ* tous,

[...]

I told ya, and Whiskeey...

I was anticipating what
might happen.

That you would lose the shoot? :-))

The first two were total discards. With a higher frame
rate this would have nailed it.

The last thing that goes is hope.
--
teleportation kills