Curiosoty Killed the Cat

Old September 9th 17, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Curiosoty Killed the Cat

On Sep 9, 2017, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 9/9/2017 4:24 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 9, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Soo I installed PS CS 6 on my Mac the other day. Just to find out whats
so supposedly magically special with it... Yeah... I have a CC
subscription but it wouldn't install on this particular SL Mac unit soo
I registered a CS 6 trial with it instead... Do you think that it would
be more special and magical on my Acer laptop? I'm not overwhelmed, you
see... It will stay since they say that it's must have soft! :-ppp

You didn’t read the minimum system requirements did you?

CS6 is not supported on SL, you will need 10.09 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite,
10.11 El Capitan,or 10.12 Sierra.

There are also Win minimum requirements, so don’t try making CS6 run on a
Win XP machine.

...but since you have a CC subscription, you must have a more recent Mac/Win
machine to run that. So why not run your CS6 trial on that?

Hmm, CS6 seems to be running on my XP machine:
[excerpt from my Photoshop system info window]

OK! Mea culpa.
....or is that errata?

Not running any Win machine in this house I hadn’t recently checked on the
minimum requirements for Win, and made an erroneous assumption.
https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/photoshop/system-
requirements.html#main_Photoshop_CS6_system_requir ements

Savageduck

Old September 9th 17, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 9, 2017, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

Soo I installed PS CS 6 on my Mac the other day. Just to find out whats
so supposedly magically special with it... Yeah... I have a CC
subscription but it wouldn't install on this particular SL Mac unit soo
I registered a CS 6 trial with it instead... Do you think that it would
be more special and magical on my Acer laptop? I'm not overwhelmed, you
see... It will stay since they say that it's must have soft! :-ppp

You didn¹t read the minimum system requirements did you?

if anyone didn't, it's you.

True, I didn’t, but I have now.

Savageduck

Old September 9th 17, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 9/9/2017 5:01 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ron C
wrote:

Soo I installed PS CS 6 on my Mac the other day. Just to find out whats
so supposedly magically special with it... Yeah... I have a CC
subscription but it wouldn't install on this particular SL Mac unit soo
I registered a CS 6 trial with it instead... Do you think that it would
be more special and magical on my Acer laptop? I'm not overwhelmed, you
see... It will stay since they say that it's must have soft! :-ppp

You didn¹t read the minimum system requirements did you?

CS6 is not supported on SL, you will need 10.09 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite,
10.11 El Capitan,or 10.12 Sierra.

There are also Win minimum requirements, so don¹t try making CS6 run on a
Win XP machine.

...but since you have a CC subscription, you must have a more recent Mac/Win
machine to run that. So why not run your CS6 trial on that?

Hmm, CS6 seems to be running on my XP machine:
~~
[excerpt from my Photoshop system info window]
~~
Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 20131024.r.34
2013/10/24:21:00:00) x32
Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit
Version: 5.1 Service Pack 3

you're barely under the wire.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-system-requirements.html
Photoshop CS6 / Photoshop Extended CS6 system requirements

Windows
€ Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
€ Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 orMicrosoft Windows 7
with Service Pack 1. Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 and CS6
applications also support Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. See the CS6
FAQ for more information about Windows 8 support.

Mac OS
€ Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
€ Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 3, 4, 5, CS5.5,
and CS6 applications support Mac OS X v10.8 or v10.9 when
installed on Intel-based systems.

the bigger question is why you're still using windows xp and why you're
using that piece of **** avg garbage that thinks usenet posts are email
and sticks its ad into both.

it's not my only machine, just the one near by. i have win 7
and win 10 on other machines. i thought i turned that avg
tag/ad off. should be off now.

--
==
later...
Old September 9th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ron C
wrote:

i thought i turned that avg